Author: Subject: One rule for them ....
RoadkillUK

posted on 16/3/07 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
One rule for them ....

... and another for us

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coozer

posted on 16/3/07 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
Its a police state emerging! Watch out!!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

nitram38

posted on 16/3/07 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
I have done a police advanced driving course.
Does that mean I can drive that fast?

Arnie

posted on 16/3/07 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nitram38

its a good story to use in your defence i guess

RoadkillUK

posted on 16/3/07 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

From the looks of things, anyone who has done the advanced driving course and has a new car they want to familiarise themselves with, can do 90 in a 30 and 159 on the motorway and get away with it.

I'm thinking of booking mine now, should save me a lot of time getting around.

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nitram38

posted on 16/3/07 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RoadkillUK
quote:

From the looks of things, anyone who has done the advanced driving course and has a new car they want to familiarise themselves with, can do 90 in a 30 and 159 on the motorway and get away with it.

I'm thinking of booking mine now, should save me a lot of time getting around.

It shows that you don't live in London!
Speed limit or not the average speed during the day is 11mph

Mr Whippy

posted on 16/3/07 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
Yip now anyone with an advanced driving license will use that as a defense. What a stupid court decision.

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

goodall

posted on 16/3/07 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
was he going that fast because of his job as a cop are was he just doing it for the fun of it. if he was doing it for the fun of it then he deserves to not only to get the normal punishment but more because he abused his position
andyps

posted on 16/3/07 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
He was "alleged" to be going that speed so he could familiarise himself with a new Vauxhall Vectra which the force had just acquired. It had to be work, you couldn't possibly have fun driving at that sort of speed could you

As for the training and "Pc Milton's unusual driving skills were such as to make a crucial difference to the dangerousness of his driving" then precedent has been set and if you can prove that you have similar skills then a good (but probably expensive) lawyer ought to be able to make a good case.

Agree about the one rule for us, another for them though.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

PaulBuz

posted on 16/3/07 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
"Pc Milton's unusual driving skills were such as to make a crucial difference to the dangerousness of his driving".

These police driving courses must be very good.
So good in fact that they can obviously change the laws of physics!.

If you are driving at 90 in a 30, or 159 in a 60, & something untoward happens, it does not matter if his reaction times are measured in pico seconds, the car AINT GUNNA STOP on a sixpence.
Lets just hope it's not one of our family who is killed WHEN lunitics like this kill again

ATB
Paul

goodall

posted on 16/3/07 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
but many of the motorways in the uk are designed for higher speeds that 70mph anyway, but still he should never of been doing that speed on the public road if he didnt have a real just reason for doing so, familiarise thats just taking the piss, like there meant to be the police imagine what they would do if a motorsport driver said that to them just after they had done 160mph along the road. really is one rule for them and another for us

[Edited on 16/3/07 by goodall]

Rob Palin

posted on 16/3/07 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
His defence of wanting to "familiarise" himself with the vehicle is laughable and ironic. What the fk is a 'responsible officer of the law' doing experimenting with a high performance vehicle on the public road?!? There are plenty of race tracks, test tracks and airfields on which to do that sort of experiment - i know because i work at one of them and we have coppers doing advanced driving training here all the time!

I couldn't go bo11ocking down the high street in my race car saying i was just trying out some new suspension settings, could i?

Madness.

BenB

posted on 16/3/07 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hope all this nutsack isn't being done on LegalAid!!! Why doesn't he bend over and take punishment like everyone else done for speeding?

Either he's incredibly stupid and deserves to be banned or he's a lier and just uses the fact that he's done a police driving course as a cover. In which case he should also be done for perverting the course of justice...

I've been trained how to use handguns safely. Now I'm not 100% sure, but I reckon that if I was found with a pump action 12 bore firing randomly in different directions I think I'd probably be capped by said Mr Policeman....
The fact that he has training and a need to get to know his equipment is no excuse for putting other people's life's at risk.....

especially when the plod having proving grounds for doing stuff like this!!!!

Macbeast

posted on 16/3/07 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
There have been several cases like this. There was one speeding off-duty copper who claimed that while he was on way to pick up a fish supper in his own car he heard a call on his radio and responded.

If a policeman really needs to exceed the speed limit anywhere, he should have blue lights flashing to warn other road users otherwise it's an offence.

(IMHO :-) )

russbost

posted on 16/3/07 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
Lucky Michael Schumacher gave up when he did - this guys advanced driving skills could obviously knock him into a cocked hat!!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
caber

posted on 16/3/07 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
Long ago Colin Chapman and I think Graham Hill got done speeding on the relitively new M! ( I did say a long time ago) testing some car or other before a weekend race meeting, they didn't get off and they both had unusual driving skills!

caber

goodall

posted on 16/3/07 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
did they have speed limits back then, when was the fuel crisis thats when the mainland government introduced the speed limit wasnt it or was that here in n.ireland, sorry didnt grow up in these times just going on what i can remember my father telling me

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.