Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: megasquirt problems
omega0684

posted on 1/5/08 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
megasquirt problems

hi there guys

i am running ms1 v3 on 2.1 litre ford pinto with yamaha r1 throttle bodies.

i am having problems with my megasquirt in the fact that i cant get a spark! i have checked the wiring and it all seems ok, i have wired the 12v supply to thecoil through the fuel pump relay, the fuel pump works fine and the +ve side of the coil is getting 12v so im guessing that its the megasquirt that is not sending a signal down the spark A output wire to the -ve side of the coil?

any suggestions please help

Alex

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MkIndy7

posted on 1/5/08 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Does the Megasquirt program show any RPM?...
if not it could be a problem with the CPS (Crank position sencor) wiring thats not reporting back to megasquirt so it doesn't know when to spark.

It usually just requires the 2 wires swapping if its not working.

Arnie

posted on 1/5/08 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Megarsquirt problem

Not sure if it will help but had a similar problem but on a Megajolt installation. Turned out that the VR sensor was to far away from the toothed wheel. Adjusted closer and fired straight away.

Regards,

Arnie

darrens

posted on 2/5/08 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
depending on what version firmware your using you can use the output test mode to fire spark plug individually without running the engine. Helped me vastly

cheers

omega0684

posted on 2/5/08 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
i am using megatune v 2.25p3, i have just measured the voltage on one side of the sensor and it measures 4v's, im pretty sure that my wiring is correct, my mega squirt is not recognised anything coming from the sensor

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
paulf

posted on 2/5/08 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
What ignition set up are you using? is it wasted spark with a coilpack or are you using a single output to coil and dizzy?.
There are a number of settings for the wheel decoder that need to be correct and also the output selection needs to be set correctly.I remember something about needing to set the internal potentiometers up for the VR sensor circuit before it will operate correctly.
Copied from megasquirt site ,
Check that you have installed the correct jumpers for either the VR or Hall input circuits (step #52 of the V3 assembly manual):
For the VR sensor:
Jumper VRIN to TACHSELECT on the bottom side of the PCB (near the DB37, opposite the heat sink.)
Jumper TSEL to VROUT (Or VROUTINV if you want the VR input to be inverted) on the bottom side of the PCB, near the center.
OR (Do NOT install both sets of jumpers, chose one set or the other!) For the Hall sensor, optical sensor, or points:
Jumper XG1 to XG2 on the bottom side of the PCB, near the 40 pin socket,
Jumper OPTOIN to TACHSELECT on the bottom side of the PCB, near the DB37 connector, opposite the heat sink.
Jumper TSEL to OPTOOUT on the bottom side of the PCB, near the center.

If you have installed the jumpers for the VR input circuit (instead of the Hall circuit), you may have to make some very careful adjustments to the VR circuits pots (R52 and R56) to get an rpm signal to MegaSquirt.
With a VR sensor on the VR input circuit: Start with the R56 pot all the way counter-clockwise, and R52 about 6 to 8 turns clockwise from the fully counter clockwise position. The fully counter clockwise position is reached when the pot clicks (you can feel and might be able to hear this). The pots are 25 turns from the fully clockwise position to fully counter-clockwise position.

Paul.

[Edited on 2/5/08 by paulf]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.