Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zetec inlet manifold for gsxr tb's
Andybarbet

posted on 5/6/08 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
zetec inlet manifold for gsxr tb's

Not sure if this is in the right area but im after a zetec inlet manifold for gsxr 600 throttle bodies, i can get a nice alloy one on ebay for 135 quid but does anyone on here do them cheaper or know where i can get one for less ??

Its my birthday later this month so im going to see if the family can all chip in to get me one.

Other option is to buy a steel laser cut plate and attempt to weld some pipes on myself, what have other people done when funds are low ??

Cheers Andy

mikeb

posted on 5/6/08 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
I'm at the same point.
was temped to make my own with a lazer cut plate.
Greatbritishsportcars (aka robin hood) are just about to make a zetec zx9r inlet that will suit my setup, the think it should come out at £100.

Andybarbet

posted on 5/6/08 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like the only locost option might be the steel plate then ? i might look out for some original rubbers for my gsxr600 throttle bodies if you think that is a good route to take ?

I can make up the throttle body spacers at work on the lathe, i can get some pipe and crush one end oval but welding is definately not worth me doing, i have a mig but not sure what the result would be as im a novice

Some pics at the weekend would be good rob...

[Edited on 5/6/08 by Andybarbet]

coozer

posted on 6/6/08 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
I made mine using a piece of 5mm plate, traced round the gasket, cut it out with a jigsaw, welded some tubes on, welded two plates to the end of the tubes and bolted the original carb rubbers on. would I do it again? NO!

How about using the original ford inlet cut down to suit. Cut the tubes where they come from the engine just before they turn up. Some people have done it but I don't have a picture.

Focus Rs inlet? Plastic version that uses throttle bodies. Yummy indeed

Check out this sight;
http://www.mez.co.uk/ms10.html

[Edited on 6/6/08 by coozer] Rescued attachment DSC00233.jpg
Rescued attachment DSC00233.jpg

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

FazerBob

posted on 12/6/08 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
Inlet Mani

Andy, I was faced with a similar problem ie price! so I made my own inlet system to fit bike carbs onto my Zetec.
It's the same procedure for T/Bs. I used the plastic inlet manifold from a Rover K Series, then fabricated an adaptor plate from a sheet of ally.
I've done about 500 miles so far - all works perfectly.
If you want to send me you e-mail address I'll mail you pictures of the process.

[Edited on 12/6/08 by FazerBob]

FazerBob

posted on 12/6/08 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
pic of bike carbs/manifold Rescued attachment Carbs fitted.jpg
Rescued attachment Carbs fitted.jpg

Bob

Andybarbet

posted on 13/6/08 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the replies, i got a u2u from someone localish to me with a spare alloy inlet to fit zetec, needs a little bit of work but was cheaper than a new one and what with fathers day and my birthday at the end of the month, the deal is done..

Everyones a winner, i get my manifold for a good price but needing a small amount of work, someone gets it out of their way and for some useful cash & i get a great pressie from my family

Yay ! i love a happy ending, and i aint had many of them where my struggling kit build is concerned... still, once the divorce gets going im sorted Ha haaa...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.