Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: HELP lol
benjo

posted on 3/4/16 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
HELP lol

hi all first post on here .

i acquired a fisher fury about a month ago , it was in a very poorly state when i got it . and just a pile of bits . i have rebuilt it all after stripping it right down had it powder coated basically every thing from scratch ( new build albeit used parts ). i havent had an issue yet and basically am at the stage where everything is done bar the electrics and the coolant system . coolants easy just leaving it till last so i can make a tidy job of the engine bay wires .

right my problem is

the lad who owned it before for some stupid reason decided he was going to strip and rebuilt hence it was in bits when i got it . but on dismantling it he just snipped the loom all over . i have sat for a few hours identifying and ringing out the engine loom . made good progress . but am a little stuck now . i am desperately looking for a full wiring diagram . it seems the original engine to main loom plug has been cut off and am trying to find the pin out to the plug . or if i could just find the pin out to the main relay that would be a big help . its mems 1.9 . i have found some info online but its not currently helping me .

if anyone could point me in the right direction or offer some words of wisdom i would be grateful

many thanks ben

HowardB

posted on 3/4/16 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Ben,

Welcome. Where are you located? I would also suggest that you join jpsc it's a great source of information. Also Steve at Fury sports cars is helpful.

Hth

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

benjo

posted on 3/4/16 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
hi i am in newcastle upon tyne . steve is a nice guy . but i find it hard to get him on the phone . plus the issues i have i doubt i can get help over the phone . i have just stumbled upon a caterham diagram that may be of some help . i do like to do think my self even if its a struggle at least i will learn . i have made the loom look a little neater so am just going to put it on the car and work out from there . its chopped all over but am just going to have to give it a shot . at least that then minimises the loose ends and might make it a little clearer and a little less of a puzzle
coozer

posted on 3/4/16 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
Hi benjo, im not far away from you in Hetton le Hole if you want a hand gives a shout and I'll see if I can pop over.

Im working nights but free most Sundays and electrics are easy to me.... What engine is in it??

Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

benjo

posted on 4/4/16 at 06:16 AM Reply With Quote
hi steve its a k series 1.6 16v non vvc . yes that would be great to get a second pair of eyes. weekends are good for me too . i really need to get it on the car first and see whats going on from there . it was a real mismatch of all sorts in one piece so i kinda split it up and labeled every thing as it would have been impossible to try and fit what i can only describe as a snakes wedding to the car in one piece . the car is in a lock up at wallsend currently so its not to far away through the leaky pipe
mackei23b

posted on 4/4/16 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
Here is a link to an EU3 K series (2 coils on top and no distributer). If you have a distributer it's an EU2 engine

http://www.graduates.org.uk/docs/201626_EU3_wiring.pdf

If it is an EU2 I'm sure that the emerald ecu uses the same pins / connector so you should be able to get a pinout from thier manuals
Cheers

Ian

P.S. I think there is an error on this diagram and the coils are back to front...

[Edited on 4/4/16 by mackei23b]

[Edited on 4/4/16 by mackei23b]

benjo

posted on 4/4/16 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for the info . i had seen them diagrams . any way i have made some progress tonight . i basically ripped the looms apart that the last person had done as they were a total mess and decided work on the engine loom and get it started first before working the rest of the car loom . i got it in engine is cranking and i have spark but no fire . i wired the 5as but i dont think its functioning . the previous person had for some reason wired all the live outputs from the main engine relay together . i dont know why . but thought i would take the fuel pump from there as it should be . but its not operating the ralay for the pump . so then decided i will just run it on a switch . so fuel pumps running but still no fire . checked leads timing ect all fine. i havent heard a click from the 5as immo nor do i have any led lighting . i have all the wires i think i need connected . ( from the info i can find online ) the garage where the car has been is a bit damp and on inspection the 5as did have damp on the pcb , anyway i gave up for the night . i did get it running on brake cleaner and have fuel pump going so i suspect i dont have injector signal .

so here is the question

if the 5as is not working does it cut both the fuel pump main engine relay signal and or injector pulse.

this is the first time i have ever done anything with car electrics other then wire in a radio so dont really have much clue other then a bit of though reading and guessing a bit too

benjo

posted on 4/4/16 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for the info . i had seen them diagrams . any way i have made some progress tonight . i basically ripped the looms apart that the last person had done as they were a total mess and decided work on the engine loom and get it started first before working the rest of the car loom . i got it in engine is cranking and i have spark but no fire . i wired the 5as but i dont think its functioning . the previous person had for some reason wired all the live outputs from the main engine relay together . i dont know why . but thought i would take the fuel pump from there as it should be . but its not operating the ralay for the pump . so then decided i will just run it on a switch . so fuel pumps running but still no fire . checked leads timing ect all fine. i havent heard a click from the 5as immo nor do i have any led lighting . i have all the wires i think i need connected . ( from the info i can find online ) the garage where the car has been is a bit damp and on inspection the 5as did have damp on the pcb , anyway i gave up for the night . i did get it running on brake cleaner and have fuel pump going so i suspect i dont have injector signal .

so here is the question

if the 5as is not working does it cut both the fuel pump main engine relay signal and or injector pulse.

this is the first time i have ever done anything with car electrics other then wire in a radio so dont really have much clue other then a bit of though reading and guessing a bit too

kingster996

posted on 4/4/16 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
Hi benjo

I'm just round the corner and if the wiring follows the common British colour scheme, then it's not too difficult to know what goes where.

Aha! Edited after reading a bit more (skim reading is a bad habit). I see it's the ecu wiring that's the main problem so might not be able to help other than offer a second set of eyes!
Chris

[Edited on 4/4/16 by kingster996]

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

benjo

posted on 5/4/16 at 06:19 AM Reply With Quote
just woke up this morning and had a moment of clarity . i think i have it all right but one thing i had noticed yesterday was the fuel pump wasnt taking power from relay . so i ran a line to it simple fix . this morning i picked up the hanse manual and had a quick look at the engine sensors . there was one plug i could fint to go any where . found in haynes and its a fuel cut off from inercia switch . which will be currently open circuit because i never connected it to anything ( because was nothing to connect it too ) . i suspect its just a case of connecting the wires together . am hoping this switch would do more then kill just the pump but am not sure if it will. it may solve why the main relay wasnt kicking the pump in but not sure its going to fix the non start issue ( hope fully it will have some thing to do with injector pulse too )

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.