Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Blue screen
bob

posted on 23/5/11 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Blue screen

Is the blue screen really the blue screen of death ?

My sons laptop (BIG HP pavillion) has been playing up and just would not start up in any fashion, after some researching i have managed to get switched on in safe mode by tapping the F8 button on power up.

Machine sat there with safe mode written in each corner for over 30 minutes so i gave up and power off, on power up i just have a blue screen with the cursor and thats it.

Any clue lads/lasses ?

Peteff

posted on 23/5/11 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Try tapping f10 or f11 on startup and access the recovery partition. It will wipe anything on there and put you back to a fresh install position but it will be better than what you have at the moment unless you made a recovery disk when the computer was new.

[Edited on 23/5/11 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

bob

posted on 23/5/11 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers pete i do have a set of recovery discs i made when new, i will have another go with the safe mode start and then keep everything crossed and go for the F11 trick.

Peteff

posted on 23/5/11 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Just had a look and it could be f10 or f11.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

bob

posted on 23/5/11 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Oh hang on a minute all of a sudden the HP recovery manager has popped up on screen, you see the world isnt ending after all

bob

posted on 23/5/11 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
It will restore to factory settings so i guess thats windows 7 gone and back to vista ho hum.

bob

posted on 23/5/11 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Well its taken me most of the evening and its back to vista, but i have the reciept and ID number for the windows 7 upgrade so i should be ok to get it back.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.