Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Unhidding files and folders
dave

posted on 4/5/11 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Unhidding files and folders

I somehow downloaded the trojan:win32/fakesysdef virus and it has made most of my files and folders "hidden" i have to go into each file properties and uncheck the hidden box. Is there a quicker way to unhide my files and folders?

[Edited on 4/5/11 by dave]

tegwin

posted on 4/5/11 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
If you go into "my computer" and do the appropriate action to show all hidden files it should transfer that setting globally across the computer..

If this is not the case then the virus is still working on your computer.... (or your registry is chewed up...) Suggest an OS re-install...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Peteff

posted on 4/5/11 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
Open a folder like your Documents and in Tools/Folder Options/ in the View tab there is a button to show hidden files and folders in the advanced section.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.