Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Making a linky
LBMEFM

posted on 10/5/11 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
Making a linky

I know most people fing it easy and I have asked before, but please can someone explain in idiot terms how to make a linky and shows the word linky rather than the full url address on the posting.
blakep82

posted on 10/5/11 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
when you write a post, click this button and it pretty much tells you how to do it. the first box that opens says text, you write something in there, and press ok, the next box that opens you paste your link in and press ok. done

but please don't just write linky in it lol

[Edited on 10/5/11 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

AndyW

posted on 10/5/11 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
linky doo.....go on clicky wicky....

See even I can do it so it must be easy....!!!

LBMEFM

posted on 10/5/11 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
I do that but every time I click on the hyperlink icon it brings up a box which I put the url address in to and it opens up again with hhtp// and I put the address in again but it doesn't work.
blakep82

posted on 10/5/11 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LBMEFM
I do that but every time I click on the hyperlink icon it brings up a box which I put the url address in to and it opens up again with hhtp// and I put the address in again but it doesn't work.

thats correct, read what i wrote again, the first box you write your description into, the 2nd is the url.
only by putting the url in the first box, you're also making that your description. try it again, and write something different in the first box

and the first box that opens, it even says "what name should be shown"

the 2nd box says "enter the URL"

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

AndyW

posted on 10/5/11 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
first box you type in what you want the link to be shown as, in my example I typed in Linky doo.....go on clicky wicky

In the next box I them pasted the link (copied from the tool bar at top so it would link back to this thread)

So,

first box is the name of the link,

second box IS the link.

hope that works, give it a try on the next reply!!

Beaten to it.....slow typing.....

[Edited on 10/5/11 by AndyW]

[Edited on 10/5/11 by AndyW]

LBMEFM

posted on 10/5/11 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
linky

I did what you said and the first box I put in linky, when the second box came up I pasted in the address. The above is the result, so why doesn't it work

blakep82

posted on 10/5/11 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
because its linking to 'my ebay' which is something only you can access when signed in as yourself.

try it again, but this time, find me an ebay ad for a set of bike carbs

ar eyou trying to link to the 'my selling section' of ebay? which is part of your 'private' side of it? try it by going to the actual ad for an item you're selling, then click on 'see all items from this seller' then link to that page

iank

posted on 10/5/11 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LBMEFM
linky

I did what you said and the first box I put in linky, when the second box came up I pasted in the address. The above is the result, so why doesn't it work

It does work, kind of. But the link points at "my.ebay.co.uk" which only you can see (I can see my own information if I log in via the link).
I'd guess you're trying to link to items you are selling, but you need to do a search for your items and use that as the link.

Edit: blakep82 wins the fast fingers award for the evening

[Edited on 10/5/11 by iank]

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

blakep82

posted on 10/5/11 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank
Edit: blakep82 wins the fast fingers award for the evening

blakep82 with nothing else to do this evening, or any other evening... you've seen my post count right?

LBMEFM

posted on 10/5/11 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
Honda Fireblade Engine | eBay UK

Nope , still dosen't work, tired and bored now, thanks anyway, will try again tomorrow. Barry

Whoo hoo !!!!!!!!!
When I posted the above reply low and behold there it was a link. Thank you, you have made me very happy, Barry
[Edited on 10/5/11 by LBMEFM

[Edited on 10/5/11 by LBMEFM]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.