Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Re-covering seats
Nick Davison

posted on 8/12/02 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
Re-covering seats

Can anyone tell me what type of thread I need to re-cover my seats in leather also how thick will the thread need to be.
Any tips from people who have done this before may help me prevent a costly mistake.
The seats are Bedford Midi van seats, £15 the pair, they fit ok after the tilting handle is removed and the drivers seat is slightly bent to take account of the kick in the tunnel.

chrisg

posted on 8/12/02 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
I think Bob's using these seats,

As for the thread, you need proper upholstery thread, try a car trimmers or upholstery place.

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

bob

posted on 8/12/02 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
I'm doing my bedford seats in vinyl and just using the thickest thread i can get in the sewing machine,no i mean the thickest thread MRS BOB can get in the sewing machine.
Not sure about leather,maybe one of the upholstery people can help like Woolies or the likes.

kamikaze

posted on 9/12/02 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
Lucky you!! Mr Mrs don't want to go near my car...calls her self "The carbuilding widow"...This weekend it was a lot of building, so i had to promise her three "car free" days every week from now on...

"Bones heal and chicks dig scars. Pain is temporary,but glory is forever."

johnston

posted on 9/12/02 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
try some of the upolstery people, or people who fix or make caravan awnings or boat covers

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.