Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: how long is a bonnet
ray.h.

posted on 23/7/03 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
how long is a bonnet

we are building a book locost and are having trouble positioning the nose cone.if we knew how long the bonnet should be it would give us a good starting point.we are using a1.6 pinto so is there anyone who has tried to fit a tiger bonnet and nosecone,or dose anyone make them with a bulge for our engine
Mark Allanson

posted on 23/7/03 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
The bonnet length is determined after you fit the nosecone and scuttle. Get the nosecone right and then make the bonnet
ray.h.

posted on 23/7/03 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
how long is a bonnet

thanks mark.but no matter how we position the nose cone it either dosn,t flow from the scuttle or it wont line up on the chassis rails without lots of stressing which from previous experience is not good for GRP. P.S. it is a lolocost nosecone
Mark Allanson

posted on 24/7/03 at 06:49 AM Reply With Quote
The 'PS' bit explains all I am afraid, check previous threads on lolocost quality and value for money - to think they make complete kits!!
ray.h.

posted on 24/7/03 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
how long is a bonnet

ive fitted the nosec..t today and made up a card bonnet.ive come to the conclusion that the nose cone is severely distorted but with an ally strip shaped and bonded under the rear edge i now have a decent bonnet line.P.S. i know what you mean about lolocost,i bought there zeemeride shocks but they are too long for a book chassis and you can,t change spring rates anymore.but in fareness they did give me a full refund without any problems.Thanks again....
steve m

posted on 26/7/03 at 04:32 AM Reply With Quote
Maybe I am different but I put my nosecone on first, then made the scuttle then the bonnet, like everything else on these cars "there are no rules" just problems!!!

steve

ray.h.

posted on 26/7/03 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
how long is a bonnet

Sorry. Forgot to say i allready have a Luego scuttle fitted and i temporarilly fitted the nose cone in place then i cut out a card bonnet and taped it on then i pushed and pulled the nose cone till it looked about ok and then drilled and fixed the nose cone in its final possition(i hope).Mark out new template for bonnet tommorow.....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.