Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Thinking of moving on
uberf1end

posted on 16/2/04 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
Thinking of moving on

For various reasons, I am currently considering selling my Locoblade and I would appreciate your input on approximate price I should realistically be asking. This is by no means certain but I am mulling over my options...

Stuart Taylor Locoblade, factory built in late-2000.
Live axle.
1997 919cc engine - covered 15000miles in the bike and less than 2000 since transplant.
No Weather gear.
Yoko A032R's
Minilites
Chopped Sump with baffle.
Suspension set up by Kit Car Workshop.

Pics in my section.

Any rough ideas?

Jasper

posted on 16/2/04 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
Do you have a digidash or race calipers (affects the price).

You wanna offer it to Alez, he's looking for another car.

If it was mine I'd probably want £6-£7k for it I suppose. As with all these cars, depends on what someone is willing to pay - will soon be a good time to sell though.

uberf1end

posted on 18/2/04 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
No digidash and standard calipers.

That's about the area I was looking in, I haven't been buying the magazines for a while so I've not been up to date on current prices but that is what I was hoping for.

Not in a position to sell quite yet - new MOT in the next couple of weeks, then I will have to think about it seriously.....

cashy

posted on 22/2/04 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
please let me know if you want to sell

scoobycash@dsl.pipex.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Alez

posted on 23/2/04 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Jasper, really kind of you to have me in mind. It's looking like I'll go to Spain without motor I'm moving in less than 3 weeks so I'm running out of time..

Cheers,

Alex

Alez

posted on 27/2/04 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers!!!

Just to let you know that I was at Tom's (uberf1end) yesterday and there was deal!! So thanks to the man himself, Jasper and Chris I've finally been able to find the one for me, JUST in time!! (I have just booked my Ferry ticket today, and there were almost no spaces!!). Worth to mention how kind Tom is, he knew what my situation was from the beginning but never tried to rip me off, although he knew I was quite desperate and I would have probably accepted a high price rather than missing what looks like the only opportunity I will have in my life to have a Locost!! It was all very exciting yesterday, I didn't know wether he had decided to sell or not, so I was there to see the car, like when I saw Jasper's, so when he told me "yes, I'm selling" I said "well, I'm buying, be nice because you know I'll be probably taking it anyway!".

Hmm, I'm thinking about something I need to know, posting in the "legal" section soon about registering overseas..

Cheers,

Alex

ned

posted on 27/2/04 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
Alez,

glad you found something suitable! only sorry you're taking a locost away to foreign shores.

best of luck with the regsitration process, afraid i have no advise on this!

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alez

posted on 27/2/04 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
Many thanks Ned!!! I was a pleasure knowing you! Best luck with your project!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.