Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Alonso Does it Again!
Daddylonglegs

posted on 19/4/10 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
Alonso Does it Again!

Yet again, Alonso has elveated himself even further up the c@(k table....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8628304.stm

Apologies if this is de ja vue

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

MikeFellows

posted on 19/4/10 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
I dont understand your issue

its a race, not who can be the nicest to each other.

he seen the opportunity and took it, but i do agree he is a cock

geeksandlies

posted on 19/4/10 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
He wasnt the only one to play about in the pit lane run off! You have to hand it to the guy he did one hell of a job even with the stop go! Although no one made a joke about Alonso benefiting from a safety car again teehee!

The one who dies with the most toys wins!

fesycresy

posted on 19/4/10 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
Best over taking move in F1 since Hakkinen stuffed Schumacker and the back marker at the same time.

Good effort, even though he is a cock

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

55ant

posted on 19/4/10 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
i can see his point that if they wernt team mates then it wouldnt have been such a big deal, but it wasnt really racing, he pretty deliberately forced his team mate into a dangerous position alowing him to 'overtake', looked like something you'd see on the roads between two drivers going from a double to single lane in traffic.

had it been between two non teamates i bet the loosing party would have something to say.

but maybe driving like that would make f1 better? anyway, he's a cock.

away from cars, now cycling and building TT bikes

Daddylonglegs

posted on 19/4/10 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
Well at least I seem to have some agreement out there even if it is only about character rather than technicalities

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

A1

posted on 19/4/10 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
how can he go any further up the c*ck table? hes already at the top.
craig1410

posted on 19/4/10 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
Well if Massa doesn't have a problem with it then I don't see why anyone else should have a problem...

Massa himself said that he made a mistake and Alonso took advantage of it. Massa didn't know Alonso was pitting at the same time or he might have taken a different line.

Also, Alonso has been careful so far this season not to upset Massa or Ferrari with any rash overtaking moves on Massa despite being held up by him on several occasions. In my opinion it is about time that Alonso took the initiative because Massa this year is "okay" at best and not many people think he can win the DC. Too early for any form of team orders but Alonso needs to start building his DC position even if it means risking putting Massa's nose out of joint a bit.

Personally I find Hamilton to be far more of "a c@ck" than Alonso and I think most of the drivers would tend to agree. Alonso is intelligent, focussed and utterly relentless and will take some stopping this year I think. I just hope Ferrari don't screw up on strategy or reliability too often.

My ideal top 3 DC positions at the end of the year are:
Alonso
Button
Vettel

speedyxjs

posted on 19/4/10 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by craig1410
Well if Massa doesn't have a problem with it then I don't see why anyone else should have a problem...

Massa isnt exactly going to admit if he has a problem is he? It was pretty obvious that Hamilton and Alonso didnt get on in Mclaren. If Massa started telling Alonso where to go, one of them would be out of the team at the end of the year and it probably wouldnt be Alonso.

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

craig1410

posted on 19/4/10 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
quote:
Originally posted by craig1410

Massa isnt exactly going to admit if he has a problem is he? It was pretty obvious that Hamilton and Alonso didnt get on in Mclaren. If Massa started telling Alonso where to go, one of them would be out of the team at the end of the year and it probably wouldnt be Alonso.

Actually the Massa I know is very likely to complain if he feels aggrieved by Alonso. Remember last year when he said something along the lines of Alonso knowing about Piquet's crash plans. This was not long after Alonso had been confirmed as a Ferrari driver.

Of course, Massa might have realised already that Alonso is the real deal in the same way as the Ferrari engineers who are more than impressed and might be less likely now to rock the boat. I think Massa will already be benefiting from the development skills of Alonso and has copied his setup on at least one occasion.

blakep82

posted on 19/4/10 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
well, its a race, ok, there's no overtaking in the pits, but where does the pit lane officially start? isn't it where the speed limit starts? i think its still part of the race track, soo.....

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

craig1410

posted on 19/4/10 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
well, its a race, ok, there's no overtaking in the pits, but where does the pit lane officially start? isn't it where the speed limit starts? i think its still part of the race track, soo.....

Correct - Brundle has often commented that the drivers must "race" right up to the speed limit line. Some have lost it in the pitlane in the past.

mattf

posted on 19/4/10 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
Didn't Lewis Hamilton pull the same move on Vettel?
craig1410

posted on 19/4/10 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mattf
Didn't Lewis Hamilton pull the same move on Vettel?

Perhaps he was just trying to stay as far as possible from the kitty litter he got stuck in a couple of years ago...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.