Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: T-eye Camera saves me again!
nitram38

posted on 20/4/10 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
T-eye Camera saves me again!

Those of you who have had discussions about on board cameras will know it has saved me from points once and an insurance claim after somebody hit me.
Now its saved me a third time.
I was going to work 3.30am Sunday and followed some drunken numpty at 15-20 miles an hour for about a mile.
I waited til we got to a section of road with a bus lane (open at this time) and had pillow humps. I kept left in the bus lane but did not undertake. The numpty drove down the middle of both lanes to avoid the humps and nearly swerving across the front of me.
Road was clear, no junctions, so I indicated, went around and then back to the bus lane.
Next thing blue lights I get pulled over for as the plod put it " an outrageous manoevre".
Asked all the usual questions where I'd been out that night etc.
Told them I was on my way to work.
I told them he had pulled over the wrong driver.
When I explained that I had a camera that proved my speed, gps position etc, that I had been patient and waited to overtake in a safe place etc, he suddenly changed his tune, stuttered a bit and then said I was lucky cause he had another call !!!!!!!

Another 3 points and a fine avoided!

geeksandlies

posted on 20/4/10 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
Good work, glad to see the 5-O got what they deserved!

I got pulled the other day for undertaking! Guy was doing 45 in the outside lane of a dual carriageway, i was about 4 cars back and nothing moving up the inside i got bored and after waiting for 1/2 a mile just couldnt wait anymore so gentely moved over and up the road maintaining about 65 as i did so, what i didnt know was they were about 3 cars back from me an watching the whole thing unfold, i got let off with a warning but even the copper admitted i hadnt really done anything "wrong" as inside was completely clear but rulez are rulez!

The one who dies with the most toys wins!

omega0684

posted on 20/4/10 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
where can you get these from?

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tegwin

posted on 20/4/10 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
Very useful gadget...

However I suspect it would not help against "camera" type offences... by the time the ticket comes in the post you would not have the footage to check..

If it was closer to £150 I might consider it... but £300... ouch

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

speedyxjs

posted on 20/4/10 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
Very useful gadget...

However I suspect it would not help against "camera" type offences... by the time the ticket comes in the post you would not have the footage to check..

There is panic button you can press so it will save the data.

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

tegwin

posted on 20/4/10 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
But you might think (and rightly so) that you were in the right, so therefore would not press the panic button...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

iank

posted on 20/4/10 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
£300 sounds cheap compared with 6-9 points, several hundred quid in fines and an insurance claim.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

nitram38

posted on 20/4/10 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
£273 from cpc farnell.
My insurance claim got sorted in a month. The woman's husband tried to stop her admitting liability until the insurance company mentioned the video footage.
It was worth it just to get it sorted quickly. No arguments and no county court visits because insurance companies can't agree.
Been there done that!

coozer

posted on 20/4/10 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
How do you play it back in the car to the over zealous plod?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

nitram38

posted on 20/4/10 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
How do you play it back in the car to the over zealous plod?

You don't need to play it back.
Unless you are in the wrong, they won't issue a ticket that you would contest and go to court with. They would have to appear too.
If they think you are an easy ticket, your word against theirs, then they will issue one.

MikeRJ

posted on 20/4/10 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think I will bother with one of these, seems it attracts far too many idiots for my liking
nitram38

posted on 20/4/10 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
I don't think I will bother with one of these, seems it attracts far too many idiots for my liking

You don't drive in London I guess!

scootz

posted on 20/4/10 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
Does anyone 'drive' in London? I thought you all just sat stationary in your cars and polluted the environment!

It's Evolution Baby!

jossey

posted on 20/4/10 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
ADR3000 v DRS1100

you can get the T-eye's competitor model for £188.00 which is as good.

http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?i=177703

it will save you alot if you have an accident on motorway like someone drives into the side of you on the motorway.

i was on m62 and someone moved into my lane hitting the side of me. they denied moving into my lane saying i strolled into his lane.

i had this device which showed i was in 1 lane and the a bang. saved me 5 years no claims and a lengthy battle.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
boggle

posted on 20/4/10 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
or if someone hits you and you are in the right, just get out and batter them....

works for me....

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

jossey

posted on 20/4/10 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
lol

yes boggle that works too. :O)

ha ha

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

nitram38

posted on 20/4/10 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jossey
you can get the T-eye's competitor model for £188.00 which is as good.

http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?i=177703

it will save you alot if you have an accident on motorway like someone drives into the side of you on the motorway.

i was on m62 and someone moved into my lane hitting the side of me. they denied moving into my lane saying i strolled into his lane.

i had this device which showed i was in 1 lane and the a bang. saved me 5 years no claims and a lengthy battle.

The T-eye has two cameras, so shows whats going on in the car. through the rear/side windows etc.
This was valuable when I was side swiped. It would also come in handy if a cop said you werent wearing a seat belt or said you were on a mobile etc.

dinosaurjuice

posted on 20/4/10 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
whats the quality like in your opinion martin? is it portable, battery powered etc? could do some great driving vids having that mounted on a kitcar - a front and rear camera is
morcus

posted on 20/4/10 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
You've deffinitly had your moneys worth. Do you get cheaper insurance for having the camera system?

Why is that the only time you get stuck with some idiot going really slow in the middle or outside lane, theres police about, yet when someone overtakes me on the inside at twice the speed limit theres noone around (Someone rapidly passed me on the inside on a 40 limit and my speedo said 45).

Does the camera run all the time and does it get sound?

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

jacko

posted on 20/4/10 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
Where i work we have about 300 buses and all have cameras looking front back down the sides and inside
It saves the firm thousands a year in clams

nitram38

posted on 20/4/10 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
Needs a 12v supply, usb input.
Quality is good, you can read number plates.
I didn't get a reduction in my insurance because I didn't ask, but at the time of my accident, they said I wouldn't have to pay the £400 excess up front because of my camera evidence.
On there website here there is a video of it used in a racing saloon car

[Edited on 20/4/2010 by nitram38]

morcus

posted on 20/4/10 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
Were you out in your Kit at 3.30am?

nitram38

posted on 20/4/10 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morcus
Were you out in your Kit at 3.30am?

No my tintop. I transfer it from car to car.

morcus

posted on 20/4/10 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
That makes sense, I think they would have been more likely to stop you at that time in a Kit. Would be very rock n roll to go to work that early in an open car, be quite a wake up.

richard

posted on 20/4/10 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
I use mine all the time in the kit car and the tin top.
Used it for a video of the track day recently, qualtiy is good but not as good as the out and out video systems.
Software is stored on the card inside so you can watch it on any computer/laptop.
You can copy the evidence to the computer to store it, pressed the store button on mine when got flashed by speed camera at 27 mph in 30 zone, but ticket never turned up.
Can also leave it on all night to check for damge to car , house etc.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.