Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OT any good gym workouts to try?
daniel mason

posted on 30/9/10 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
OT any good gym workouts to try?

am looking at drastically changing my gym workouts to improve definition and fitness. i basically hit the gym with a few mates and lift heavy weights (for me, benching 95 kg) with low reps and have long periods of rest between sets (2-3 mins)
i am wanting to increase reps decrease weight and add much more intensity to the workout as i am starting boxing training in a few weeks, and dont want to look a fool! lol
i will be at the gym 3 times a week doing about 45 mins weights,30 mins cardio, 15 mins abs and stretching so my question is. where can i find a workout to suit my needs and do any of you have a programme to share or knowledge of a good hard programme?
i am generally fit and fairly strong but want an intense wights programme with good cardio also, possibly 3 minute circuits for the cardio to replecate a round of boxing?

edspurrier

posted on 30/9/10 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.armyfit.mod.uk/
joolsmi16

posted on 30/9/10 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
workouts

When I was training in the local boxing club I stopped the weights and concentrated on cardo..

The boxing workout work 1hr cross training pushup, star jump, running on the stop etc..

followed by the next hour hitting the heavy bag 1min the 30sec the 20 secs.

Its very hard work but good for fitness and excellent for speed.

Iam currenlty training at home with weights and bag work with a rep range of 10-12 and I use this device all the time to increase hand speed. http://www.thestrengthcompany.co.uk/details1.asp/ProductID/34/sid/17/LifelineUSA-power-punch.htm

jools

ashg

posted on 30/9/10 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
if you can bench 95kg forget the weights your training to fight not to lift people up.

Conditioning is very important running and skipping to get your stamina up. most normal gyms have pads that you can spar with. boxing is a totally different ball game to weight lifting expect to get worn out very quickly at first.

If your gym has one see if your still standing after 15mins of drill on a heavy bag.

no1 tip listen and dont go in thinking your a hard man

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

boggle

posted on 1/10/10 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
i use solitary fitness by charles bronson...

it works!

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

daniel mason

posted on 1/10/10 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
i am desperately trying to get fitter since i have done my knee ligaments 3 times in my left knee in the last 5 years. the last one was a torn ACL and i will never be able to play football again. i got a road bike which is helping, but want to do some boxing!
i just need a good weights programme and a good boxing or circuit training programme

Angel Acevedo

posted on 3/10/10 at 05:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
am looking at drastically changing my gym workouts to improve definition and fitness. i basically hit the gym with a few mates and lift heavy weights (for me, benching 95 kg) with low reps and have long periods of rest between sets (2-3 mins)
i am wanting to increase reps decrease weight and add much more intensity to the workout as i am starting boxing training in a few weeks, and dont want to look a fool! lol
i will be at the gym 3 times a week doing about 45 mins weights,30 mins cardio, 15 mins abs and stretching so my question is. where can i find a workout to suit my needs and do any of you have a programme to share or knowledge of a good hard programme?
i am generally fit and fairly strong but want an intense wights programme with good cardio also, possibly 3 minute circuits for the cardio to replecate a round of boxing?

I would reduce the weight to where I can do 20-25 reps of each exercise in 1-2 minutes, with 1 minute rest between each and do as a total body circuit
Choose 12 exercises and that´ll account for acomplete bout.
Once you have depleted your muscles of stored fuel, you hit 30 -40 min of light cardio with the last 5 minutes as a cooldown.
I used to do this (without the cardio) when I wasn´t feeling like training...
It was my "emergency" workout
HTH

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.