Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: mp3 music
matt.c

posted on 29/6/11 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
mp3 music

Im new to mp3 players, Is there any websites i can download music from for free?

Im not too bothered about the music being new releases.

If anyone can do it, its the locosters

[Edited on 29/6/11 by matt.c]

flibble

posted on 29/6/11 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
Vuze is good for such things, have to warn you that it's hard to find uncopyrighted music on there though, have to trawl through lots of good quality but illegal copies of just about everything, I dare say some naughty beggars download it though :\
richmars

posted on 29/6/11 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
You mean free, as in stealing?
matt.c

posted on 29/6/11 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by richmars

Ummmm, just borrowing

balidey

posted on 29/6/11 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by richmars

The musicians that make the music are not in it for the money, they do it for the love of making music. So they are not bothered about royalties. Most musicians hate the big corporations too, so they will be happy that we are downloading for free and not giving profit to The Man.
Well thats how I see it.

Also, lets say I download an album (I don't, but hear me out). And the reason I download it is that its not one I would have bought from a shop. So if I wasn't going to buy it anyway, then no one would have got my money from it. So by downloading it there has still been the same amount of money received from sales, but the artist have gained another fan.

Argue with that logic*

*actually don't.

And don't get me started on 2nd hand CD's...... one person buys it, listens to it, all legally. The artist gets royalties. Then that person sells on the CD, they GET SOME MONEY BACK but the artist hasn't returned the money to the person. And then the 2nd person has legally bought a CD but none of that sale money has gone to the artist.
So we need to crack down on this market on 2nd hand CD's

[Edited on 29/6/11 by balidey]

Dutch bears have terrible skin due to their clogged paws

UncleFista

posted on 29/6/11 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
If you have an android phone, try "mp3 music download" app.
I have no idea how it works, you just search for a title or artist and it downloads it.
Magic.

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

richmars

posted on 29/6/11 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Argue with that logic*

Justify it how you like. It's still stealing.

Mr G

posted on 29/6/11 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Download as much Jessie J as you want, apparently for her its not about the money money money.

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

JoelP

posted on 29/6/11 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
i was going to be all high horse and say id never steal an album from an artist i respect, but then i remembered a few Malmsteen albms i downloaded. But, ive paid him for about 5, so pinching a few more isnt so bad.

But in general, id never do it.

Edited to add a lol to mr g

[Edited on 29/6/11 by JoelP]

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

balidey

posted on 29/6/11 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
who else remembers being 12 with a tape recorded listening to the charts on a Sunday night trying to 'pause' at just the right places to cut out the DJ? Now that is no different to modern downloading is it?

Generally I don't download songs, I prefer CD's. Well actually I still prefer minidiscs, but thats because I like to have the actual media. Same as I like books, not downloaded PDF's. I sometimes download films and if I like the film I then buy the DVD. This drives my wife nuts.
I did once download a 'charity' album. I only did it as it was an Australian release and I couldn't get hold of a copy here in UK at the time. But I have since bought a copy, so my conscience is now clear(er)

RK

posted on 29/6/11 at 11:41 PM Reply With Quote
The record companies are scum, and all too ready to throw the artists into a pile of drug addicted poo anytime they think sales are dropping, so don't tell us how they are "after their investment". Soulseek is a good file sharing site. Remember, it isn't always easy to FIND certain artists when you search online, so this is a viable way to hear them. If I am not making money on music myself, I am not stealing. At least this is what used to be the case, until the record companies got it all wrong and lost out when the internet came out. Now the toothpaste won't go back in. Boo hoo.

A LEGAL way is to listen on demand, with things like Grooveshark. Beautiful that one is.

balidey

posted on 30/6/11 at 07:06 AM Reply With Quote
I tend to listen on demand using Spotify. It 'was' free but now they have changed their terms to the free service that you can only listen to free songs 5 times.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.