Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Outdoor Karting
cerbera

posted on 17/4/12 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
Outdoor Karting

Anyone know of any decent ouitdoor kart venues in the North West, or close by?
Always used to go to three sisters but they have recently changed their karts to some newer alledegy better ones. In reality they are utter poop!

Ta

DanG

posted on 17/4/12 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
What has happened at Three Sisters then?? Did they say why the change?

Is the difference really that big?

I last went to Three Sisters a couple of years ago and it was awesome.

Do the new karts ruin the experience that much? I only ask as I am just organising a group to take karting there.

rallyingden

posted on 17/4/12 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
Speedkarting at Warrington have outdoor and indoor ( multi level ) tracks

Check first though its been a while since I went...............

On another note best karting I ever did was at Blackburn Ice Rink low speed completly sideways driving
great fun..

RD

MkII

posted on 17/4/12 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
check out cumbria kart racing club, rowrah is'nt exactly local to you but its a cracking track (my daughter races there) plus they offer some good variations of arrive and drive races you can do. .m.
bi22le

posted on 17/4/12 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MkII
check out cumbria kart racing club, rowrah is'nt exactly local to you but its a cracking track (my daughter races there) plus they offer some good variations of arrive and drive races you can do. .m.

I used to compete in National School Karting at Rowrah. Quality track and I have so many fond memories.

At lunch time we used to all (several schools) compete with potatoe canons to see which school could build the most powerful canon!! I have seen potatoe make it out of the pit before at the far end. A good 400M including altitude. . . BOOM!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

cerbera

posted on 17/4/12 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys, I'll give them a look see.

quote:
Originally posted by DanG
What has happened at Three Sisters then?? Did they say why the change?

Is the difference really that big?

I last went to Three Sisters a couple of years ago and it was awesome.

Do the new karts ruin the experience that much? I only ask as I am just organising a group to take karting there.

They changed from twin to single engined karts which is no big deal really. But we went for a 2 hour endurance and ended up using 4 different karts because they kept breaking (not because of the drivers) and each kart was completely different in handling and speed. Even the guys running the event said they had had a lot of problems with the new karts.
They may have resolved the issue and you may find if/when you go everything is great, but I won't be going again until they have changed them and I used to go fairly often.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.