Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Problem with Hotmail account!!
fullpint

posted on 14/12/12 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Problem with Hotmail account!!

Firstly I have just changed back from the new look outlook back to my normal hotmail look but I still have a major issue.
Keeps on asking me to verify my account when I send an email! This is fine until ive sen just 3 emails then it comes up with a message saying Ive reached my limit. Takes me onto another pager asking for mobile number so a code can be sent. Trouble is that link don't work either..
Also now when I sign in as offline after a few mins it keeps on putting me online. and when I do sign in and click inbox it takes me to the outlook sign in (when on outlook) and I need to re type my password. Then after say 20mins it signs me back out.. Its so frustrating. Can't seem to find an email address to get help and even if I could I can't send one via my live.com
Anyone else having problems like this???

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ninehigh

posted on 14/12/12 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
Not heard of anything like that. I've used windows live mail for years

fullpint

posted on 14/12/12 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
So have I but it only seems to have happened since I went for the new look outlook page thingy..
Even the wife has had issues. To the point where we have both had to change our password twice...

[Edited on 14/12/12 by fullpint]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
britishtrident

posted on 14/12/12 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
I am surprised anybody still uses Hotmail, if you want webmail Gmail is they way to go they had problems a few years but put a lot of effort into getting it right.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

se7en

posted on 14/12/12 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
I did the same, changed from Hotmail to Outlook, and hated it. I changed back to Hotmail and lost all my contacts but that was it. I did have a few problems on the first couple of logins but they cleared up when I logged out and back in again. I did not have to verify or anything like that and everything is OK now.

quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
I am surprised anybody still uses Hotmail, if you want webmail Gmail is they way to go they had problems a few years but put a lot of effort into getting it right.

I have used it for years and my contacts know my email address. I do have a Gmail account that I do not use very much. I don't like trusting too much to Google - one never knows where you data may end up.

[Edited on 14/12/12 by se7en]

Davegtst

posted on 14/12/12 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
I had verify my hotmail account the other day too. I had to use my mums email to get back on, took 2 days. I guess I own my wife an apology, I accused her of spying on me and trying to find out what I had got her for christmas!
Bare

posted on 15/12/12 at 03:10 AM Reply With Quote
I had similar issues.. then realised I had inadvertently switched to their Live nonsense..
Figured out how to switch back to the original/old interface and problems vanished.

vanepico

posted on 15/12/12 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
You sure you haven't been hacked, which is why it's saying you hit your limit? I was just browsing my sent folder and it said I'd sent everyone an email telling them to buy iphone 4s from a link! It sent it to all 500+ contacts so whenever I tried to sent an email it said I had reached my limit. No idea how they got in, I've never given out my details, immediately changed the password and unlinked all my email accounts.

Will CAD for food/money/beer...

fullpint

posted on 15/12/12 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
I thought the limit was refering to the amount of times I have used the verify your account! That thing were you have to type in the letters show on the screen!!! Password has been change a few times now..
Wold love to be able to email someone in the tech team but I guess if you could they would be getting 1000's of emails an hour..

vanepico

posted on 15/12/12 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
I've never had to type anything like that, but saying that I've had that account for about 12 years!

fullpint

posted on 18/12/12 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
Perhaps I should change to gmail...... Had problems yesterday and again today. In fact today m account was blocked so I had to renew my password yet again..
I dont really want to change because my customer pass and present have my current live.com email address and all my business cards etc would need changing.. I wonder if a letter to Bill would help

vanepico

posted on 18/12/12 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
If you can get in once you can set it to redirect to your new one

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.