Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Focus C Max alloys?? Roof rails??
DarrenW

posted on 30/9/13 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Focus C Max alloys?? Roof rails??

Just bought a 54 plate 1.6TDCI focus C-max. Replacement for our sadly departed and very much missed A8 1.8T Sport (insurance right off - decided cheap tax and great mpg was needed).

As it is a LX model it has steel wheels. just thought id ask here in case anybody local had a cheap set of good alloys and tyres to get rid of. Im based near Durham, wouldn't want to travel far.

Failing that some nicer wheel trims would be good.

i dont suppose anyone has some roof rails or a set of genuine roof bars going cheap do they? Prefer Ford ones if poss.

Mr Whippy

posted on 1/10/13 at 12:13 AM Reply With Quote
Not sure you can retro fit the roof rails easily they are bolted through the roof, I got a roof rack for our cmax and it just bolts on to captive nuts built into the roof under the sliding trim. I'd recommend streamlined roof bars as there is a huge difference in noise levels, the roof rack is just left on now as you don't notice it at all, even with a large roof box it was quiet.

As for wheels well it's coming up for winter, you could buy some winter tyres already fitted on steel rims...

[Edited on 1/10/13 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Irony

posted on 1/10/13 at 07:12 AM Reply With Quote
Just bought a c-max because I am gonna be a Dad. Sold the Golf GTI......

I have the 2.0TDCI version I think the 1.6TDCI is probably the better engine for the car. The 2.0 is just to fast for a baby carrier. I too would like some roof bars if I see them cheap.

The alarm keeps going off in the middle of the bloody night though!

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 1/10/13 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
Just bought a c-max because I am gonna be a Dad. Sold the Golf GTI......

I have the 2.0TDCI version I think the 1.6TDCI is probably the better engine for the car. The 2.0 is just to fast for a baby carrier. I too would like some roof bars if I see them cheap.

The alarm keeps going off in the middle of the bloody night though!

Mine does this occasionally, worse in the wet weather. Its most likely the boot lock mechanism - it doesn't register its shut and trips the alarm eventually. I found slamming the boot hard solved it, but on the CMAX owners forum there are posts about stripping the mechanism, cleaning and refitting.

Mr Whippy

posted on 3/10/13 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
The 2.0 is just to fast for a baby carrier.

Totally agree, got a shock when I took it home @ 175bhp it's overpowered by miles, bit worried about the wife using it over the winter tbh should have got the 1.6 but thought the 2 ltr would be handy for towing just didn't realise how much more powerful modern diesels were. Would be nice if I could reduce the boost.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.