Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GSXR 1000 K3 – What's the best Power Commander 3 map?
blowden86

posted on 1/2/14 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
GSXR 1000 K3 – What's the best Power Commander 3 map?

I've got an MK Indy R with a K3 GSXR 1000 bike engine. I've been experimenting with a number of the Power Commander 3 maps over the last two days, but I'm still yet to find the ideal map, if it exists that is!

The majority of the maps I've tried from Dynojet have a flat spot around 6/7K in the rev range. The two I've had most success with have been:

315-519: BOS half system with SET removed, GP1 silencer and stock or after market air filter.
This map has a smooth power band, although it does feel like it's lacking power compared to some of the other maps.

315-529: BOS half system with SET removed, GP1 open muffler and stock or after market air filter.
Again a smooth power band, but there isn't much at the top end compared to other maps.

I'm going to continue playing tomorrow, but was just wondering if someone has already found the ideal map with this engine?

Cheers!

Ben

My MK Indy R GSXR 1000 Build Diary: http://www.suma-uk.com/indy/

doobrychat

posted on 1/2/14 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
don't mess about with them as they are only good for the bike they were created for.. Every bike is different....

Get a gas analyzer and map yourself to 14.1 air fuel ratio or 1 lambda reading.. that will be the best anyone will get it...

MikeRJ

posted on 2/2/14 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by doobrychat
don't mess about with them as they are only good for the bike they were created for.. Every bike is different....

Get a gas analyzer and map yourself to 14.1 air fuel ratio or 1 lambda reading.. that will be the best anyone will get it...

Having it mapped on a dyno is the only realistic way to get the "best" map, but you certainly don't want to aim for 14:1 over the entire map if power and driveability are the primary goals. Mapping on the road is also possible with a wideband sensor in the exhaust, but you can only aim for what you think is the optimal AFR under any given condition, which may not be what the engine actually wants.

dave_424

posted on 2/2/14 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
14.7 or stoich for a petrol engine is best for idle, 15-16 on low throttle cruising to save fuel and 12.5 at full throttle. 12.5 is where most power is made.

That's just fuel though, spark maps also play a reasonable role.

supersport31

posted on 27/2/14 at 12:23 AM Reply With Quote
Exactly as above, get it properly mapped.
Pound per pound it is money well spent.
In a bike road racing environment (i know its not in a car) i always got better results when having the stock ecu remapped (using a Teka or Yoshi box) and not using a powercommander, which could cause some ignition scatter and loss of throttle response.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.