Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fuel Filler Neck
Scuzzle

posted on 3/7/14 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
Fuel Filler Neck

Got issues with my fuel filler neck, I needed to fit a tight 90 deg bend on a side mounted fuel cap, admittedly I only used standard silicone hose when I know I should be using fluro lined.
My problem is I have to force the petrol pump nozzle into the bend to get it pointing downwards enough to ensure it flows properly otherwise it just blows back at me but I've noticed that constantly doing this is tearing away at the inside of the hose.

So what would I be best to use as a replacement, I need something that would make the fuel nozzle just slide along the inside wall rather than digging into it.

Cheers.

CosKev3

posted on 9/7/14 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Can you get a alloy bend in there?
Scuzzle

posted on 9/7/14 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
Possibly, my seatbelt reel sits back there as well so the more flexible the pipe the better as both are fighting for the same space, the reel actually pushes the filler pipe back slightly. I originally did try an aluminium pipe with a dent hammered into it fo allow the seat belt inertia reel to fit but all it did was make fuel blow back when I tried filling it at the pumps. When I switched to the flexi pipe and kept a smoother bend this got better.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.