Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Garage Demolition!!
Dick Axtell

posted on 4/8/15 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
Garage Demolition!!

Story so far -

1: After losing one lock-up garage, I found another, closer to home and very conveniently located.

2: Discovered that planning application had been made to demolish all garages in my location.

3: Wrote to City Council, objecting that we tenants had been kept totally in the dark, and that our landlord/managing agent hadn't advised us in any way. Also wrote to the managing agency to notify them of this situation.

4: Advised by managing agent that we had nothing to worry about, nothing's going to happen for long time.

5: Received today, Council notification that planning application had been approved.

OK folks. What does the LCB collective know about planning permission? How long do they last before work on the planned project has to start?

[Edited on 4/8/15 by Dick Axtell]

Work-in-Progress: Changed to Zetec + T9. Still trying!!

Acc8braman

posted on 4/8/15 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
3 years
benchmark51

posted on 4/8/15 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
I had a similar situation in May last year and was told to vacate the lock up by August 4th, which I did. During the 'notice' period I built a ' box' with 25mm box section and clad it with galvanised steel. Gave it internal wheels and opening door in one end and it now houses my Locost. The demolition didn't happen and I was told on 11th August that a decision was going to be made, it was at the end of October! Not going to demolish now, at least not for another year. They then wanted me to pay for the time from when I vacated the garage up to October if I wanted to continue to use the garage! Told them to 'shove it' and 1 year after I left the garage it is still empty along with 6 others in a block of 10. The 'box' cost a bit to make but I have saved £38 per month over the last year, ongoing.
If you contact the local planning office they will tell you what you need to know

Dick Axtell

posted on 4/8/15 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for these interesting replies. The 3 year figure sounds right - wasn't 100% sure. Landlord's managing agent seems significantly "under-informed"!!

Work-in-Progress: Changed to Zetec + T9. Still trying!!

mark chandler

posted on 4/8/15 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Not around here, bungalow opposite got planning permission to demolish and build two houses in the ground, roof was off within weeks, foundations in today after 3 months.

Further up the road, plot of land planning permission granted and within 1 week the foundations were in.

It may be 3 years with sitting tenants, not sure a lockup classes as that anyway I expect you have a six month agreement.

SCAR

posted on 4/8/15 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
I think they mean work has to start within three years, not three years before you can start
mark chandler

posted on 4/8/15 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Stick, end wrong....

I thought it lasted for up to seven years before it went completely, you need to renew after three to keep it valid.

Acc8braman

posted on 5/8/15 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
Not around here, bungalow opposite got planning permission to demolish and build two houses in the ground, roof was off within weeks, foundations in today after 3 months.

Further up the road, plot of land planning permission granted and within 1 week the foundations were in.

It may be 3 years with sitting tenants, not sure a lockup classes as that anyway I expect you have a six month agreement.

Hi,

I meant if planning has been granted, it will last 3 years, ie - works must have commenced before the 3 years are up

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.