Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Roadster Body Panels, Seats, Tools, Dash Loads of Parts!
Big T

posted on 12/3/23 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
Roadster Body Panels, Seats, Tools, Dash Loads of Parts!

Its with regret that i am going to have to part ways with my project car for much needed home improvements, i have tried to list everything i have below, however i am sure there will be a huge amount of things that i have missed, so please if there is anything you need that i have not got listed here please drop me a message and i can have a rummage in the garage.

I am based in Kent and collection is more than welcome. Some of the larger parts I am happy to meet you part way if collection isn’t overly feasible. I am however happy to pack and ship anything here. Shipping will be via Evri unless otherwise specified and will be fully insured.

There will be some parts that do not have pictures, I will endeavour to get these sorted and uploaded.

All of these parts will be from my Haynes Roadster build with the Saturn amendments.

New Haynes Roadster Roadster Bodywork

This is a body panel set for the Haynes Roadster, it will fit over a chassis with the Saturn amendments, It consists of nose cone, bonnet, scuttle, rear arches, rear tub and front cycle wings. I did not opt for the side panels as I had planned on fabbing some up out of some Ali as I wanted the flared front section, to help disperse heat out of the bay. Seemed pointless buying full side panels especially when you have to cut them in half. The bodywork is finished in Orange and isn’t too bad at all to be honest. None of this has been trimmed or fitted to the car. There are some storage marks here and there on the panels and it will need a good clean up, however I have seen numerous Gel Coat polishing products on the market in recent years. Please note that the parts have just been rinsed off in this photo, so are a little wet.

£600

Wide MK Indy Seats

Here I have a pair of wide MK Indy style seats. I can't remember where i got these from in all honesty, I opted for the wide ones because i am far from a small chap and i didnt fit in the normal width seats. These are certainly a snug fit but not too tight and certainly don't rattle around in them. They do have some marks in the gel coat, but I really didn't care because no one would ever notice them. The backs aren't the tidiest either but again, no one is ever going to see them and they seem solid enough. These have fittings in the base for runners. I haven't even unwrapped one! The seats fit the Haynes roadster with plenty of space despite being the wide version.

£250

Acewell Dash

I bought this only recently from a member on here, the reason i went for this dash was to overcome the problems that are sometimes encountered on the MX5 Roadsters, due to the angle that the speedo cable comes out of the gearbox, how close it is to the transmission tunnel and the stress this puts on the cable, it ends up snapping speedo cables. It is possible to get angled drive adaptors from Mazda & Toyota, however they seemed to be thin on the ground hence me opting for this dash, It has functions for both 8k rev gauge and 16k so suitable for both car and bike powered cars. Acewell website also says these are IVA compliant.

£100

E36 BMW Boss & Wheel

Again, only recently bought from a member here, I opted for this wheel because I wanted to have a trial with a smaller wheel, before paying out a sizable chunk on a OMP wheel, just to see if I got on with it.

£30

Caterham 3” Harness

I have a Caterham Harness here, quite an old one, the classps are a little worn and shabby, i am sure it could be tidied up quite easily. It has Catherham branding down the front and is obviously suited to a Roadster or a locost. Even if it is just used for mocking up, I thought it was pretty cool even if its just hung on the garage wall. .

Photos to follow

£50

Caterham Cheeseman Exhaust With Cat & Downpipe

This is an exhaust from a 1.8 K-series Caterham from what i have discovered and contains the cat, this seemed ideal for my MX-5 build for a few reasons, it exits the right side of the car, contains the cat which is built in and doesn’t look horrendous, come from a similar sized car so i thought it would be well suited size/performance wise. The length of the system also fits on the Haynes Roadster chassis quite well with the factory mounting points on the can being pretty suitable. It will also include the heat shield. This system is marked up as a “Cheeseman CSP-362” if anyone wants to do any research.

]

£300

Clarke 6” Metalworker Band Saw

Seen as it will no longer be needed once the car has gone, I have here my trusty 6” Clarke band saw. This is fitted with a non original motor which has been faultless, works exactly as it should and performs more consistently than some of my far more expensive tools. It uses Starat blades that I have been getting out of toolstation for a couple of quid. I bought a handful when I got the saw and it is still on the first blade I fitted! So obviously it will come with the spares. I have used this on all my chassis mild steel box sections, but I have also been using it on some very thick stainless and although it takes longer to cut it takes it all in its stride.

£150

I am sure there will be more that I will find and I will update here with it. All of my donor vehicle parts and actual specific Saturn/Roadster parts I will include in another listing.

Any questions please drop me a PM and i will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks very much.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Big T

posted on 2/5/23 at 06:41 AM Reply With Quote
Bodywork & Saw no longer availible.

Offers welcome on the rest.

A full donor package will be listed shortly (when i get the time to write it all up/photograph it all) which will consist of everything needed for a build from a 1989 MX-5. If this is of any interest to anyone please let me know and i can forward over some details.

Thanks.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.