Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Painting fiberglass
Fifer

posted on 29/12/02 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
Painting fiberglass

Does any one have information on what type of primer, top coat paint I should use to paint my Locost body ?. I am changing it from green to Orange (also does anyone know the code for the paint used by We******d on their cars ?
theconrodkid

posted on 29/12/02 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
have a look at chrisg,s site tells you how to paint it properly,as for the colour it is shown on their site but you probly have to go to a paint suplier and have a look at their colour cards
locodude

posted on 29/12/02 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
I could tell you the nearest match to the orange gel coat colour of the tangerine dream pictured on the left, but there's too many orange cars out there, I think you should go for a nice blue, or perhaps red? Oh oright then, it's a Fiat truck colour, Aranchio Ral 2011.

mdc124

posted on 2/2/03 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
OR!

be individual like this man:

http://lb-web.com/locost/klar.htm

Cool or what!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fifer

posted on 2/2/03 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
Now that is cool !
Dont think I would have the skill yo do it though.

Cheers

Mark Allanson

posted on 2/2/03 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like an RM colour, go to this site and check out the colours (I like rainbow, I have seen it on a RS Turnip and it is fantastic, it changes from vivid orange to green to blue to red to yellow as you walk around it, from a distance the car looks blue metallic but in bright sunlight, it takes your breath away, TOTALLY STUNNING)

http://www.rmpaint.net/grandbr/accueil.htm

Mark Allanson

posted on 2/2/03 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
It is a three stager so take the tinter list to your local RM bodyshop, and get a litre of each costed (ground coat and colour coat), the ground and colour coat are 1K, so its only the clearcoat is 2K, you could probably get away with a 1K clear if spraying at home, but it will start to break up in sunlight after a couple of years

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.