Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fixing MK Aeroscreen
Guinness

posted on 16/4/06 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
Fixing MK Aeroscreen

Went out for a blat yesterday and I lost a contact lens (at speed!). That was with a helmet on! I was getting a hell of a draft blowing under the helmet.

So I'm about to fit my Aeroscreen. Question is how do I fix it? I have just fitted a set of fake carbon arch protectors to the back, using 5mm black rivets.

Black Rivets
Black Rivets

These look really cool (IMO). But I don't want to drill loads of holes in the scuttle and aeroscreen. Plus if I don't like the screen it'll be a bugger to remove.

The alternative is using some stainless M8 button caps. I think I could safely use a lot fewer of these than the rivets, plus the screen could be easily removed.

M8 Dome Head
M8 Dome Head

What do you think?

Mike

Humbug

posted on 16/4/06 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
I have got a Mac#1 screen and I used 5 button head bolts like the one in your pic. So far, so good

EDIT: just looking at another post re MK aeroscreen, and if you mean the little bulgy thing rather than a more or less upright screen, then you should probably wait for someone else to reply.

[Edited on 16.04.2006 by Humbug]

Guinness

posted on 17/4/06 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
Fitted. Decided on the big M8 bolts, thanks Humbug. Looks good and makes it possible to drive in town with just shades on.

Have yet to test it at 70mph!

MK Aeroscreen Front
MK Aeroscreen Front

Mike

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.