Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GTS Tuning bodywork - Quality
Dave Ashurst

posted on 16/6/03 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
GTS Tuning bodywork - Quality

What is the quality/shape of GTS' fibreglass nosecone like (from actual experience of course)?

I really need a new nosecone.
(Fire damage and all that - I temporarily patched up the old one but now it's crap really.)

I like the look of the GTS ones on their website.

Can't see a colour match with my dark blue wings though so I'd get a yellow one if the quality is as good as it looks on the website. If they were thin or misshapen I'd be disappointed.

Anyone?

tia
Dave

David Jenkins

posted on 17/6/03 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
Dunno about GTS, but you could look at Triton's GRP, at

http://www.tritonsportscars.co.uk/

Strange little operation, and the web site is even less helpful than it used to be, but their GRP is very good - I believe that it's what Jasper used, and you can see that on his SVA "I've just passed" topic.

You can also see mine on

http://homepage.virgin.net/d.w.jenkins/

...tap on the steering wheel!

I've got a nose and set of wings from them - very solid, well-made and good finish.

Prices are par for the industry - maybe slightly cheaper.

David

Deckman001

posted on 17/6/03 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
And 'Mark' at Triton is a dam nice chap as well !!

Jason

Dave Ashurst

posted on 17/6/03 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
and not a million miles away either.

Thanks guys!

Dave

Ian Pearson

posted on 17/6/03 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
Bought my nosecone and both sets of wings from Mark at Triton. Very pleased with the results. As Jason said, Mark is extremely helpful. Having bought stuff from GTS, I would think the quality would be excellent, but as I haven't seen any........................
dozracing

posted on 18/6/03 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
Its amazing how psycic you guys can be!

Triton bodywork=GTS bodywork..

Mark and i are working together on this.

Kind regards,

Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jasper

posted on 18/6/03 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
I have Triton bodywork, nice quality. BUT, the front wings are too bloody narrow for 195's, they must be taken from an old mould for skinny tyres. My 195's do not fit under properly, you can't curve the metal bar underneath, I've had to put an S shape kink in it to lift it above the tyre. It's JUST legal as it only just covers the tread.

So, sort it out chaps and make 'em wider, then send me a pair FOC so I can make a decent job of it!

Thanks the only moan though, it's lovely solid well coloured GRP.

dozracing

posted on 18/6/03 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
We have responded to this criticism. See my website www.gtstuning.co.uk and you will see that the front cycle wings are offered in several widths, and come with extra nice moulded areas for easier mounting to the upright.

Always willing to react to the customers requirements!

Kind regards.

Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.