Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: When to put floor in?
James

posted on 15/7/03 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
When to put floor in?

I've finished a rolling chassis now- brackets are on etc. Engine mounts are done.
It would appear to now be time to put in the floor.
Are there any benefits in leaving the floor off for longer? The disadvantages of having it in is the chassis is heavier and stuff will be harder to get to.

Or shall I just get on with it?

Thanks,

James

RoadkillUK

posted on 15/7/03 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
Get on with it you soft southern Jessie or do you think It'll be too heavy for you to lift?

My chassis is at the same stage as yours, only mine has a floor in there and the bit behind the seats too, so I'd say yes.

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MustangSix

posted on 16/7/03 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
I put mine in after getting the suspension done. I think it makes attaching the pedals and setting the steering wheel position easier if you can actually sit in the car.

Plus, you can sit in it and make "vroom, vroom" noises when the wife and kids aren't looking.

Peteff

posted on 16/7/03 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
I cut mine out and welded it in before I put the suspension brackets on. It was no problem moving it round after, treat it like a big sledge.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Mix

posted on 16/7/03 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
I plan to work with the unpannelled spaceframe for as long as possible, it will give far better access during the build and if I feel the need to make vroom! vroom! noises I can always put it on the floor.

Mick

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.