Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Gemini, Fury, Phoenix
akumabito

posted on 21/4/07 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
Gemini, Fury, Phoenix

Just wondering how these bodies compare to each other. The Fury and the Phoenix seem very similar overall, while the Gemini seems to have a more 'classic' look to it.. could anybody tell me how they compare in terms of build quality, and interior space?

The Phoenix body sells for £1034, the Gemini for £1175, and the Fury for £1250.

I quite like the fury I found on this site: LINK

But instead of a racemonster, I'd also be interested in a 'lazy' cruiser, with classic gauges and full interior.. I guess the Gemini would fit the bill better in that case..

Humbug

posted on 21/4/07 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
Phoenix and Fury are related to each other (same original designer: Jeremy Phillips). If you want a slightly less stripped out racer drive, there is also Fury bodywork with a windscreen and doors.

In my strictly personal opinion. the Phoenix body looks the best, and the Gemini looks too small (IMHO, remember ).

You could also consider the Stylus, another good looking car which was also designed by Jeremy Phillips and is related to the Fury.

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=112&i=7351

chriscook

posted on 21/4/07 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
The phoenix has no option for a windscreen or doors where the fury does.
Werner Van Loock

posted on 21/4/07 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
Stylus

And if you want a boot too, then go for the Stylus, also a Jeremy Philips design, and there's also the Stylus RT as a more modern design.

the classic:

the RT

www.stylussportscars.com

ownersclub website
www.clubstylus.be

http://www.clubstylus.be

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
akumabito

posted on 23/4/07 at 03:43 AM Reply With Quote
I think I'd prefer a classic look, not an all-out racer, so yeah, doors would be nice.. although I keep swaying back and forth between my preferences! I'm convinced that actually choosing the design you like best is the hardest part of the build!

For some reason I quite like the Gemini shape.. but it really is a tiny car, isn't it? So low! I'm afraid I'd stick out too far when driving it, making the whole thing look more like a clown-car..

I just had a look at the Fisher Gemini, and that's a pretty good looking car as well! I think it could be made to look like a period racecar with a bit of work. Unfortunately it seems it's only being offered with a bike power option, and I'd really prefer a car engine.. They also don't list the price of the kit, and that usually means bad news for people on limited budgets! Of course I could figure out to make my own chassis for it, but I'm not sure there's enough space in the back to fit a car engine..

I also like the NG range of cars, especially the TC, but at a price-range between 8 and 11,000 quid, it's juuuuust a bit out of my reach.. :'(

Does anyone know of any other kit manufacturers that offer cars with a classic look for reasonable prices?

...I may just end up with a Locost after all..

Werner Van Loock

posted on 23/4/07 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
If you're looking for classic, and not too expensive then the Fury, phoenix and Stylus are no option as they are more expensive then a regular seven because of the full body, wich just costs more.

Another option might be this
Then it depends on how much you pay the MX-5 donor.

Or this
Budget unkown atm, but a real classic.

http://www.clubstylus.be

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stevebubs

posted on 23/4/07 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
Fury interior with windscreen... Rescued attachment normal_Interior_033.jpg
Rescued attachment normal_Interior_033.jpg

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.