Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mondeo Donor
flip

posted on 12/8/03 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
Mondeo Donor

I have a '93 mondeo with a 1.8 motor and I am in 2 minds whether to sell it or strip it down for a locost build.

Does anybody have any advice on what parts can be used from the mondeo apart from the zetec engine?

eddie

posted on 14/8/03 at 12:45 AM Reply With Quote
keep the engine, ECU etc, but you'll probably find you want most of your running gear from a sierra so i'd get hold of an old sierra

Please feel free in advance to: correct, update, ridicule or laugh and point at any comments made by myself in this post....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
8smokingbarrels

posted on 15/8/03 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
YeaH id agree with Eddie if u are building a locost.

What amazed me about the mondeo stuff is how heavy duty it is. The driveshafts are thicker than an Audi's!

Good car- do it up and sell it- get a sierra doner- if u cant find one come to NI- I counted FIVE at my local scrappie!!

ATB

chris

flip

posted on 16/8/03 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
thanks for the advice.

unfortunaly we do not get many sierras here (austria) and this is why i am thinking about the zetec engine. also, the car is a RHD and isn't worth much.

I was hoping that i could use more parts than just the engine and ECU but i guess thats how it is. maybe i should rethink!

carnut1100

posted on 16/8/03 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
What is the deal with using the Mondeo ECU? I have heard it is very complicated and very difficult to setup in another car, and the onlly real option is to fit carbies or aftermarket ECU and injection system.
Is this the case? I would like a Mondeo powered Locost.

flip

posted on 18/8/03 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
Mondeo ECU

I have not hear anything about the setup being difficult but it would be good to hear from anyone who has tried this.

Anybody had setup problems using a Mondeo Zetec with standard injection system and standard ECU?

--------------------------------
what you don't forget today, you will forget tomorrow.

ijohnston99

posted on 21/8/03 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.zetecinside.com

Has a good source of information and links. (Graham the webmaster and nutter who built the Fiesta is a good guy too)

Good luck,
Ian

tadltd

posted on 31/8/03 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
Why don't you try using an E30 or E36 BMW 3-series as a donor? I'm sure you'd get plenty of them in Austria. (For the drivetrain components)

Steve.

(BTW Ian, I'm not following you around, honest!)

edited to clarify suggestion and alay Ian's fears of stalking!

[Edited on 31/8/03 by tadltd]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.