Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fibreglass bonnets and zorst temps
bob

posted on 15/9/03 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Fibreglass bonnets and zorst temps

runniing a pinto through a S/S zorst that departs the eng bay over top rail,me thinks the fibreglass in this area should have a bit of heat shield slapped on it.

So

My question is how hot does it get ?

I've got an adhesive to trial and thought i'd stick a bit of the ally shield stuff on a test piece and bung it in the oven for an hour,could be use to all who want stick in the heated area this.

My supplier wants to know the results,if there is any probs he said we can try something else.

cheers

Viper

posted on 16/9/03 at 06:21 AM Reply With Quote
Better speak to your misses firstBob, chances are its gonna stink at best and at worst you will taste it in your food for a couple of months

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob

posted on 17/9/03 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
TIM

I probably wouldnt know the difference in the taste,only kidding mrs bob is a top cook believe me.

Good point though,i'll see if the neighbours are going away

matt_claydon

posted on 17/9/03 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Bob,

Have the same setup as you. Have just started test running my engine and have had the manifold glowing a deep cherry red up to about 8 inches from the block - no ill effects to the fibreglass which is cut very close, though have only run for a few minutes at a time.

Cheers,
Matt.

bob

posted on 18/9/03 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Matt

I will stick some ally shield material exhaust side of bonnet,when i was at donington the weekend i saw plenty fibreglass bonnets with a sheet of heat shield on the inside.
I'll test the glue this weekend.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.