Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: mnr rear uprights- drive shafts?
daniel mason

posted on 29/8/10 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
mnr rear uprights- drive shafts?

am hoping on fitting the rear end today apart from drive shafts. i have removed the outer end of the ds and have noticed the splines on the end of the shaft will not pass through the hole in the upright?
do they need to,or do they just fit into the bearing carriers without actually touching the upright?
if it does need to go through the upright, how do i go about machining te end down? do you take some off the d/s or widen the hole in the upright? cheers

afj

posted on 29/8/10 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
I think you are meaning the ABS sensor ring/teeth you can put em in a lathe and trim them off, but if with your 240bhp you are planning on using traction control you will need the teeth for the pick-up for the sensors if so you will need to open up the upright i would double check with mnr first tho

eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

daniel mason

posted on 29/8/10 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
well the abs ring/teeth dont fit through the hole in the upright but the actual drive shaft end with the small stub axle wont fit inside the upright? is this common or are the uprights a new design?

Pdlewis

posted on 29/8/10 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
From memory the stub axle should fit into the hub carrier the same when it is not going through the upright as when it is going through the hub carrier

Build Photo Album

Updated 05/02/2009

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.