Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone with a vortx mazda and a tape measure?
sdh2903

posted on 14/6/15 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone with a vortx mazda and a tape measure?

Hi All I'm shopping for trinkets for my upcoming vortx and wondered if someone who has a mazda based vortx 1.8 could take some measurements of the engine bay for me? Just need the dimensions below, basically from the head to the chassis rail if at all possible? Apologies to biglee for blatent copyright infringement of the pic

coozer

posted on 14/6/15 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
Thing is it all depends on the engine install, how wide the motor is, how far back it is, mines gone now but heres a pic and there looks plenty room.

As you can see theres a rail there that runs from the edge of the tunnel forward but my turbo install (that stalled..) fit without removing it.

You need to see big Ians car, he's 8 foot tall with a V8 in his!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

sdh2903

posted on 14/6/15 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Thing is it all depends on the engine install, how wide the motor is, how far back it is, mines gone now but heres a pic and there looks plenty room.

Cheers coozer, but thats why im specifically after a vortx mazda, they come with the engine mountings so should all be within a few cm of each other. I've a 1.8 Mk1 engine thats going in and im looking for a suitable turbo manifold that is compact enough to fit along with my TDO4 turbo.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.