Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: pics of marc's one-day-wonder
Dillinger1977

posted on 20/6/05 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
pics of marc's one-day-wonder

i went over to MNR last friday to take some pics of the car Marc was building in one day as it looked like great reference for my build (yes.. he was ahead of mine even in one days work.. sigh! )

Ive put my pics from the stage it was currently at on my website in the PICTURES section.

http://rogb.locostsites.co.uk/

I also got a copy of the pictures Marc took as he was building it so theres a kind of chronological pictorial build diary - very handy

big thanks to Marc for the pics, and also for putting up with me on what looked like a -very- busy day

-Rog

Winston Todge

posted on 20/6/05 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
Excellent effort Rog!

Just what you need for reference when building. Hope your builds going okay?

Thanks,

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andylancaster3000

posted on 20/6/05 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
That MNR chassis looks very impressive, looks very stiff. Is that chassis only designed for bike engines? There seem to be a few tubes that would get in the way of a car engines.

Andy

Dillinger1977

posted on 20/6/05 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
chris:
yep the build is going quite well I think!
Ive updated my diary part of the site (though its less of a diary now as I seem to do 5 different jobs at once and never finish one!!)
ive had a few headaches with the propshaft but it seems mine might have been made shorter than it was supposed to be as I tried someone elses and it was fine.
the rest seems to be going together easy enough. the chassis quality is superb and the bodywork looks stunning

andy:
yep its a bike only chassis so has a far narrower tunnel around the gear box and therefore more room for people with big feet! (thats me, according to Graham's son!).
that one in particular is modified to hold a dry sump tank I think..

(edit) just to clarify that this particular chassis is bike only, and that they do car ones also if thats what you want!

[Edited on 20/6/05 by Dillinger1977]

-Rog

ned

posted on 20/6/05 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
one of the guys i spoke to at stoneleigh said they can do a versio to accept car engines, but as said would require relocation or removal of some tubes..

I too was impressed when I saw it at stoneleigh. I've put a fair bit of extra triangulation in my chassis (floor and engine bay) and it was nice to see they'd put a lot of tubes in the same place as me

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Matthew_1

posted on 20/6/05 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
Just out of interest, has anyone got one a vortex through SVA? That front suspension looks like a new design and the adjustable wishbones look like they might present some form of sharp-edge problem?

I have no idea if they will or not, I'm just curious given the amount of fuss that's made over bolt heads and the viciously sharp edges that they have ;-)

[Edited on 20/6/05 by Matthew_1]

smart51

posted on 20/6/05 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
Adjustable wishbones? My lower wishbone has bushes at the inner end and a balljoint at the outer end and so are not adjustable. the uppers have similar bushes and a transit track rod end. In this respect I believe that they are no dofferent to the locost design.
I wouldn't have thought that they would be any more of a problem than any other seven.

JoelP

posted on 20/6/05 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
i believe some models are rosejointed. Plus andy d's car has been sva'd, but not sure what spec it is.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

andy d (rizla)

posted on 20/6/05 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
all the rears on the models are rose jointed

the rt front is conventional wishbone bushes
but inboard rose jointed suspention is a option

the rt+ has rose jointed suspention all round

as for sva,nut covers and heat shrink does wonders

Matthew_1

posted on 20/6/05 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
I think I explained that badly! It's not the rose-joints that I was curious about, more the design of the actual wishbones.

Those wishbones have a pair of small tubes that the rose-joints screw into, I was just curious if the open end of each small tube presents an edge which mr SVA man will object to ?

Andy D's car has a different wishbone design which dosn't have the smaller tubes which the rose joints attach to, so no leading edge, so I'm not surprised it passed ok.

[Edited on 20/6/05 by Matthew_1]

Matthew_1

posted on 20/6/05 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
An image to explain it a bit better Rescued attachment stoneraceledainboard.jpg
Rescued attachment stoneraceledainboard.jpg

smart51

posted on 21/6/05 at 07:16 AM Reply With Quote
mine doesn't look like that, but then mine has sierra uprights.
marc n

posted on 21/6/05 at 07:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

it does look a little suspect to me as does this

would be suspect if it was properly fitted )
thats the loom cable tied in place before drilling and riveting ( this makes sure all the wires reach and go to the correct place ( also known as a dry build )

i will take some photos specially for you snoopy today just to reasure you

the tubes shown on the wishbones simply have nut covers placed in the ends glued which give the correct radius, sometimes they just fall off afterwards

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
JoaoCaldeira

posted on 8/7/05 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
Rest of the build pics

Hi.

Does anyone has the rest of the pics?
It would be great if Marc could make some notes / comments on them...

Thanks in advance,
Joao Caldeira

Richard Y

posted on 8/7/05 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
after speaking to chris at mnr today i really wouldnt worry about getting an MNR kit sva approved they are Extremly helpfull !

Triton

posted on 10/7/05 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
I like that set up Marc....very neat mate.
Matthew_1

posted on 11/7/05 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
And very copied, but never acknowledged
marc n

posted on 11/7/05 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
cheers fellas

the wishbones are a copy of a mod i did to some racecars we where runiing in the westfield championship about six years ago,
they finally allowed the use of rosejointed wishbones, but didnt make any ????, they then made some six months on and deamed ours illegal as they were not bought from westfield !!!!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
marc n

posted on 20/7/05 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote
heres the finished car, not to everones taste in white mind, notice the tall roll bar ( the guy is 6 foot 7 )
goes pretty well too with the zx12 lump Rescued attachment finished-car.jpg
Rescued attachment finished-car.jpg

marc n

posted on 20/7/05 at 07:25 AM Reply With Quote
sva cap

walking stick rubbers Rescued attachment wishbone-cap2.jpg
Rescued attachment wishbone-cap2.jpg

Dillinger1977

posted on 20/7/05 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
jeez, i never noticed how tall the rollbar was when it was still being built!
so its a runner now?!

the white would be ace with the old red+green of the toyota/castrol scheme

[Edited on 20/7/05 by Dillinger1977]

-Rog

Winston Todge

posted on 20/7/05 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
Looks awesome Marc... 8D

I was wondering why the roll bar looked so odd in the pictures!? I'm just curious as to how much the complete turn key car was?

Speak soon,

Chris.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.