Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MNR Stat Not working
coovey

posted on 10/9/05 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
MNR Stat Not working

Hi,

I'm building a Luego Velocity but using the MNR rad and stat. I have had 2 stats off MNR now (a 3 pin and a 2 pin) but I can't get either to trip the fan relay. I have measured both for continuity and resistance when cold and in boiling water. I have also measured them in the car cold and when it reached 110 degrees and nothing no change what so ever.

Has anyone had any experience with these on how they used/wired it up. I know my loom is correct because if i short the 2 connections to the stat the fan comes on.

Cheers

shortie

posted on 10/9/05 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
Make sure you check that the water is actually covering the stat\switch!

I have had it twice now where the reason it doesn't switch on is because there is air in the system and there is actually no water covering the stat.

The way to stop this is to loosen the switch to the last thread and then start the engine and run it until it gets to the temp the fan is supposed to cut in and water starts to seep out of the stat\switch hole, then tighten it, this should ensure that the air is bled out the system.

HTH,
Rich.

Peteff

posted on 15/9/05 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
Check the plug connections and the socket connections are in the same place. We had one where the the male plug on the loom had 3 possible connectors and only 2 were occupied. The bottom one didn't correspond to the one on the radiator so it was effectively a blank. It was pulled out and pushed into the other socket and worked perfectly after that. This was after 2 new senders, several fuses and much head scratching and cursing. The loom was from a well known supplier.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

coovey

posted on 16/9/05 at 12:09 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys.
There is water getting to it.
I designed and built the loom and have tested it and know it works. I only have 2 connections to it.
The only thing i can think of at the moment is that the rad is keeping the water in it too cool even when the engine is hot and therefore the stat isn't activating.
Does anyone know of another source of the stat but a lower temperture.
Cheers

Peteff

posted on 16/9/05 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
Don't mean to be patronising but

Have you got the stat in the engine the right way round? It sounds like it's keeping the hot water in the engine and not opening to let it into the rad.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

coovey

posted on 16/9/05 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
could be a possiblity, can't remeber ever taking it out, but the preious guy may have. I'll have look.
Which way should it be?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.