Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: The Kit Cat is born...
mstepien

posted on 3/10/05 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
The Kit Cat is born...

I collected the kit this saturday (Mark, Chris, thanks again) and on my way home I was checked by HMS Customs (in Folkestone, since the car will be built in Poland). When they asked me what I have on the trailor I said (I was in a rush, it was freezing, my English is not that good plus I was of course a little bit anxious that they'll stop me) that I have part for my kit cat. The officers had a nice round of laugh of me but this released the pressure a little. And currently I'm stuck with the name (at least until I invent something better, although I'm not sure if cars, like boats, should be renamed).
G.Man

posted on 3/10/05 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
I will find out this week, whether I have a job in Cyprus, which will involve me moving over there permanently..

Problem is, Cyprus dont authorise Kit Cars, so I will need to build my car, ship it to another european country for SVA (probably UK) register it, and own it for 6 months before I can register it in Cyprus...

I just know thats gonna be loads of fun with Customs..

LOL

Have fun with your build

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

DarrenW

posted on 4/10/05 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mstepien
I collected the kit this saturday (Mark, Chris, thanks again) and on my way home I was checked by HMS Customs (in Folkestone, since the car will be built in Poland). When they asked me what I have on the trailor I said (I was in a rush, it was freezing, my English is not that good plus I was of course a little bit anxious that they'll stop me) that I have part for my kit cat. The officers had a nice round of laugh of me but this released the pressure a little. And currently I'm stuck with the name (at least until I invent something better, although I'm not sure if cars, like boats, should be renamed).

I guess kit cars are usually built in peoples spare time so you will be able to "have a break, have a Kit Cat".

Sorry couldnt resist!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.