Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: More Urgent R1 Help
RickRick

posted on 9/12/08 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
More Urgent R1 Help

I've got a map now from stuart, who passed with the same setup as me, but mine still won't run infact it's worse now, it'll start and almost idle, and gas kills it, and quite often it'll just fire a couple of times, turn over a couple, fire a couple

oh also the plugs seem to be quite wet
btw 2004 r1

[Edited on 9/12/08 by RickRick]

stuart_g

posted on 9/12/08 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
You will have to slightly tweak the map to suit your airfilter, Cat etc. I will send you the map that I started with before altering at the SVA station which the engine should run on ok and you can compare the two.

My engine at SVA wouldn't run very well and if you push the throttle pedal too fast it will stop, but it did pass. I only loaded that map for the emissions test, I had another map for the other parts of the test. All you are interested in is getting the emissions right just for that part of the test. The tester doesn't care what it runs like.

adithorp

posted on 9/12/08 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Chris is right (as usual). You only need small changes. I started with a blank map and only changed the areas where the test is done plus a bit either side.

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

RickRick

posted on 9/12/08 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
just had another go with the pc disconnected and had the same results bit of running bit of stopping
StevieB

posted on 9/12/08 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Have you had the engine running at all yet?
adithorp

posted on 9/12/08 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
That description sound like a knakered fuel pump or poor presure now you've eliminated the PC. Have you got a filter between the tank and pump? Crap from the tank can screw them up if you've not got one. Is there any blockage in the pick up? That would give the same symptoms.

adrian

RickRick

posted on 9/12/08 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
even though the plugs look wet?
i'll check the filters clear, any idea's how to test the pump? is it ok to loop it back to the tank to check it's got plenty of flow

RickRick

posted on 9/12/08 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
i've got a seperate filter, sytec i think it's called, i know there's a difference but i've no idea how else i could check the pumps working!
adithorp

posted on 9/12/08 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Try switching on and letting the pump prime and switch off. Then CAREFULLY remove the feed pipe to the fuel rail. You should have residual pressure and get a small/brief spray if the pumps/feed is good. If its fooked you'll get a dribble.

Wet plugs doesn't sound like this though. Didn't see/read that.

adrian

stuart_g

posted on 9/12/08 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
The map I sent was just altered in the region were the test is done. mine ran very poorly after the emission test was passed with the values to get it through the test. I just swapped to a known working map for the rest of the test and had no problem.
chockymonster

posted on 12/12/08 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
My car drove to the station on the SVA map.
Perfect pickup through the range and a really smooth idle.

If it's for the 2002/2003 R1 then I can email it across to you.

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.