Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Build update - VortX R1 in Hungary
Gergely

posted on 14/1/09 at 05:53 AM Reply With Quote
Build update - VortX R1 in Hungary

Hi, with all your build updates I feel I need to show you what we have been up to recently...
22 days build time up to now and all is left are the switches, instruments, lights wiring, propshaft cover, seats, mirrors, front arches and setup.
Cheers, Gergely

Car in January 2009 - 2
Car in January 2009 - 2

Car in January 2009 - 1
Car in January 2009 - 1

Our build pictures

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ivan

posted on 14/1/09 at 06:51 AM Reply With Quote
Looking good - wish mine only took 22 days to get that far - three years and chassis not finished yet

locoR1

posted on 14/1/09 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
Looks like your doing a cracking job keep up the good work!

Nice to see im not the only one with a tiled garage floor although mine dosent look quite as clean

Description
Description
Check out my CB500T Cafe Racer build diary

YQUSTA

posted on 14/1/09 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
looks keep up the good work
Agriv8

posted on 14/1/09 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
Fantastic build.

Are you sure you havent done this before .

You are on the home strait now but dont rush it or you will only regret it.

Is it comming back to UK for SVA ? and re-import ?

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

nick205

posted on 14/1/09 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
Looks superb

I like the side mounted fuel filler cap - nice change from the normal rear mount position.

One minor concern though....is that a furry steering wheel cover I can see...?

stuart_g

posted on 14/1/09 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
Looks excellent, I like the CXR's
mark chandler

posted on 14/1/09 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
Why is it in England we all seem to build in confused messy garages and sheds with little room, abroad everyone is clean and tidy, a tiled floor here, WOW

Car looks great BTW

Regards Mark

Gergely

posted on 14/1/09 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys for all the nice comments!

The furry steering wheel cover:

A simple dash...
A simple dash...

we will not bring the car to the UK for SVA, we hope to use the car on a temporary "test" licence plate, which comes with certain restrictions (not allowed abroad, can only be driven by people that are authorised by the company who buys the test licence plate, etc...). Not ideal, but cheaper...

Yes, the floor is tiled... there are plants in there, too, you can not really see this, but the floor is vacuumed after each build day... and (I really don't know if I should say this) it also has central heating, so we can work in shirts when its -6 degrees outside...
Cheers!
Gergely

Our build pictures

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 14/1/09 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
OOOoooohhhhhhh! Lucshery! When I were a lad we built cars down't pit. T'only heating we 'ad were when pit were on fire! Tiles, tha don't know tha born lad!

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

Agriv8

posted on 14/1/09 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sucksqueezebangblow
OOOoooohhhhhhh! Lucshery! When I were a lad we built cars down't pit. T'only heating we 'ad were when pit were on fire! Tiles, tha don't know tha born lad!

A Pit, A Pit, Luxury havin a pit, weee could onli dreeem o' a' pit. a soggy box ont fast lane ont M62 thats wha wee had to build in.

Gergly dont worry about this post hyjack its a monty python sketch about northerners complainin how hard life was. it may go on for some time

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

chockymonster

posted on 15/1/09 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8
A Pit, A Pit, Luxury havin a pit, weee could onli dreeem o' a' pit. a soggy box ont fast lane ont M62 thats wha wee had to build in.

A soggy box? A SOGGY box? Tut! We were evicted from our soggy box, 'ad to make do with a piece o' tarpaulin with 'oles in

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.