Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Show me your handbrake gaitors!!!
Krismc

posted on 11/2/09 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
Show me your handbrake gaitors!!!

Show me your handbrake gaitors please lads, i couldnt buy one that would fit so i made one but its too taty and im not sure how to fit it, ive used the sierra handbrake.

Any pics of advise??

[Edited on 11/2/09 by Krismc]

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

omega0684

posted on 11/2/09 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
r u after gear lever gaiters of hand break gaiters?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
r1_pete

posted on 11/2/09 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
Here's my mgb one, no reason the ring and gator couldn't be used, they're readily available. Rescued attachment dash 1s.jpg
Rescued attachment dash 1s.jpg

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jacko

posted on 11/2/09 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
DASH/2
DASH/2

Krismc

posted on 11/2/09 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
OOPS i wanted handbrake gaitors, i didnt mean to ask for both- girlfriend was talking to me when i was typing that.

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

roadrunner

posted on 11/2/09 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
Here's mine, i know its not a gaiter but i wanted to hide the gubbins around the handbrake.
new tunnel
new tunnel

COREdevelopments

posted on 11/2/09 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
i used a corsa/combo gear and handbrake gaiter. can be found free in scrap yards, i pulled mine out of my van. they fit great and clip in so no unsightly bolts or screws. i will try and get a pic uploaded tomo.

atb

Rob

iain b

posted on 11/2/09 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
have not got photo but bought mine from car builder solutions. the one with the chrome handle .fits spot on.(about 20 of your quids)
RichardK

posted on 11/2/09 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Here you go

Cheers Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

Krismc

posted on 18/2/09 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmm cheers

Gergely

posted on 18/2/09 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
Do you need a gaitor at all? We have taken the rubber handle off the Sierra handbrake, so it's nice and thin, cut a thin slot on the tunnel cover GRP so it just fits, and it looks quite nice and fits well to the lightweight racer type image of the VortX I think...
Gergely

Our build pictures

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.