Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Safe Cracking
Ian Pearson

posted on 19/3/09 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
Safe Cracking

Hi All,

This will no doubt sound dodgy, but I thought it worth a try before calling in a locksmith. My Dad died last Wednesday, and as he was Dutch, we're having two services for him, one here, and the other in Holland. The fly in the ointment, is that my Mum's passport is in the safe, along with various bits and pieces of jewellery. We've got the combination, but my Mum can't remember how to start the process. There are four numbers to the combination, and one has R next to it, which we presume is the one we start with, rotating to the right? We've tried all sorts of ways, but no luck so far. We'll get in a locksmith if need be, but no doubt they'll charge a fortune. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Ian.

dinosaurjuice

posted on 19/3/09 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
turn all the way to left to 'reset'

3 turns to right, stopping on first number

2 turns to left, stopping on second number

1 turn to right, stopping on third number

turn left to fourth number.

if you go too far on any youll have to start from beginning.

that should work

loggyboy

posted on 19/3/09 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
I take it its a rotary style, I guess the R would be turn 'Right' to the specified number, then left to 2nd, right to 3rd etc etc.
Any other symbols to denote how many rotations to make?

Mistral Motorsport

vinny1275

posted on 19/3/09 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
Has the safe got a maker's label on it? You might be able to call them / download the manual for it?

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 19/3/09 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
Assumption: Safe is disposable, my father had one (in the concrete floor of a cupboard), he had a major stroke from which he has/will never recover brain function.... I used an angle grinder.
hobbsy

posted on 19/3/09 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
dinosaurjuice has said similar to what I would *guess* but it is that just a guess based on having used some.

You may find that it after the sequence he describes it just opens or you may have to turn it to the right.

Also the number you stop on might always be 0 then turn dial to open.

There are a LOT of different possible ways to enter the numbers but if you can find some makers info as suggested that would really narrow it down.

DarrenW

posted on 19/3/09 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
there is a gy who used to live in next village to us who was apparently good at safe cracking. His minder gets in the way of approaching him though.

I dont think his business accumen is all that good - he spent a fortune on Darlington FC then opened up the grounds on Sundays for car boot sales!

Probs doesnt help you though does it.

Might be an idea to apply for another passport just in case. i wonder if the safe instruction manual is inside?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.