Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Body tub pictures
focijohn

posted on 17/12/10 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Body tub pictures

Does anyone have pictures of their body tub cut to shape etc minus the nose cone, bonnet, scuttle etc, and also the back end of the nose cone. Its a job ive been putting off finishing and fixing it for ages but is going to be the first job in the spring. All i really want to know is how far back to cut the front end of the tub back to accept the nose cone. I have the scuttle where i want it and ive trimmed a small amount off the front of the tub (not to the valley) but the shut lines between the bonnet and nose cone with the bonnet against the scuttle is aprox 1/2" 3/4". Ive not cut any more off the tub as the back of the nose cone touches the chassis and rather than start hacking at the nose cone and body tub some more I stopped.
If no one understands what I'm rambling on about ill throw some pictures up tomorrow.
Its an 09 chassis with the old style bodywork.

Thanks in advance

John

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
Too many targets but too few bullets.

spdpug98

posted on 17/12/10 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure what you mean, but I have an 09 chassis with possibly the later bodywork and didn't have to trim the front of the body, but did have to do some work on the nose cone - probably no help

My Blog: http://spdpug98.wordpress.com/

first350

posted on 17/12/10 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
I think it's custom to each car...here's how I plan to do my body work:

1) Set Scuttle location
2) Affix Bonnet (it'll butt up against the Scuttle)
3) Then affix the nose cone (The amount I have to trim the body tub will depend on what it takes for the nose cone to butt up against the Bonnet).

*I haven't done this yet...so I'd be interested to hear how others have done it.

Steve Hignett

posted on 17/12/10 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
Hope some photos on here help?

http://p4nts.co.uk/mnr

focijohn

posted on 17/12/10 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
spdpug, thats exactly the picture of the nose cone i wanted thank you.
first350. Thats how im doing it, I just get a bit nervous because the body work is the bit that everyone see's (not that its stopped me making some mistakes) .

Cheers all

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
Too many targets but too few bullets.

omega0684

posted on 18/12/10 at 12:31 AM Reply With Quote
AVATAR..................AVATAR..................AVATAR..................AVATAR..................AVATAR..................AVATAR..................AVATAR

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.