Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: wiring the f20c install? who to call?
daniel mason

posted on 24/12/10 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
wiring the f20c install? who to call?

am at the stage now where i need to think about wiring the f20c install. i have absolutely no experience with auto electrics and have never attempted it before. i need someone to do this for me but not sure who to call. is there any auto electrical companies who could possibly do this for me (preferably someone who can come round to my garage and work from there) the system is as follows;
1; i have the complete loom from the s2000, including all fuses and relays (some of the bits i cut to remove as not needed.)
2; i have a plug and play ecu so the complete engine loom plugs directly into ecu,
3; s2000 steering wheel,indicators,clocks,fuel pump, horn etc
4; i bought a cbs fuse box unit with all relays and fuses i need for my install
5; aem wideband lambda kit
6; modifry wiring harness for water temp (needed for this install) spescfically designed for 2003 f20c
7; modifry yellow jacket speedo healer (to compensate for 13" rims) specially designed for 2003 s2000

i do have all instructions for these items but i dont want to even attempt it myself and risk making a cock up and damaging somthing. i basically need a mobile auto spark capable of working on a unique 7 install! any ideas who i should call? cheers

big_wasa

posted on 24/12/10 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
A very dear job to be have done like that. Find some one local thats good with wiring to help out. I would love to wire up a s2000 engine but your way to far away.

What plug and play ecu are you using ?

franky

posted on 24/12/10 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
or could you drop it off with someone for a while? Why not use the standard engine loom? I'm sure you can get a wiring diagram for it?
daniel mason

posted on 24/12/10 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
I am using loom but need to incorporate lighting,fan,fuel pump and level sender,hazards, horn, fia battery switch, hazzards, etc and also the clocks need connecting to all the stray wires from the ecu and fuses.
I am using an AEM 1012 ecu which currently runs a N/A map. It will need tweaking on the rollers once done

daniel mason

posted on 24/12/10 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
I am using loom but need to incorporate lighting,fan,fuel pump and level sender,hazards, horn, fia battery switch, hazzards, etc and also the clocks need connecting to all the stray wires from the ecu and fuses.
I am using an AEM 1012 ecu which currently runs a N/A map. It will need tweaking on the rollers once done

Rocket_Rabbit

posted on 25/12/10 at 06:00 AM Reply With Quote
Well, i'd wire the original loom in as far as you can and get everything connected.

After that, i'd look at the external items you mentioned.

But if you do it in stages instead of looking at it in one big lump, you'll make progress.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.