Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fuel warning light on ZX10r clock.
markmcc21

posted on 21/2/14 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
Fuel warning light on ZX10r clock.

Hi all, filled up the tank on car and separate fuel gauge is working however on the bike speedo its reading fuel warning and the amber lights flashing. The clock is off a 2007 zx10r. Previous owner mentioned he had the problem in the past which was an earth fault on the fuel tank, had it fixed but its obviously come back. The battery has just been disconnected and changed so maybe this could be something to do with it? Has anyone had this before? same cause or different? is it something I can just live with?

Cheers for any advice guys.

Regards.

[Edited on 21/2/14 by markmcc21]

Davey D

posted on 21/2/14 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
If you are just going to use your separate fuel gauge, then you should be able to just connect your fuel warning light for the clocks to your chassis to turn the light off... you will just have to trace the wire from your standard clocks to see where it goes to. does it use the original zx10 fuel pump/fuel level sensor?
markmcc21

posted on 21/2/14 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Davey ill get a good look at it over the wkend. Im not sure if its using the bikes fuel pump/sensors or aftermarket as I havnt had a chance to get a good look under the bonnet. Only bought it yesterday and she went straight into the garage when i got home as it was dark. But routing that wire seems like a good start.
zx12r dug

posted on 21/2/14 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Fuel light

Hi i had trouble with the light flashing on my R1 clocks couldnt find out what was wrong and ended up using a separate gauge took the clocks apart and blanked the display off a little crude i know but i couldnt see i flashing at me no more

[Edited on 21/2/14 by zx12r dug]

markmcc21

posted on 21/2/14 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
I think this is the route I'm going to take. I'm just fortunate to have a separate fuel gauge.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.