Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hobbyweld Gas - it's a "yes" from me
jps

posted on 7/10/16 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
Hobbyweld Gas - it's a "yes" from me

Not a 'bargain elsewhere' - but I was thinking i'd share this - as it's not always people think to share positive feedback...

Back in May 2014 I bought a MIG welder. Because I didn't expect to weld very often I went with a rent-free supplier - Hobbyweld (http://www.hobbyweld.co.uk/products/).

A few things got in the way - meaning my welder was last used in Jan '15 - until last week - when I fired it up again.

Gas is fine - even if my technique is pretty dodgy at the moment!

So i'd say Hobbyweld gets a recommendation from me. Hope this helps anyone considering who to get their welding gas from!

[Edited on 7/10/16 by jps]

richardm6994

posted on 7/10/16 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
+1 for hobbyweld frome me as well.
I've been using them for a few years now. A bottle of hobbyweld 5 gas on my MIG, and a bottle of argon on my tig.

Once you've got the bottles (from memory the bottles are around £70), the refills are about £40 a go and they last a fair while.

big_wasa

posted on 7/10/16 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
Since giving Boc the boot I have two.

Hobby weld, and a bigger one from my local industrial welding suplier.

Hobby weld is the best for light and occasional use and the local guy is great at letting you pick up out side of office hours.

The other is twice the size and the gas much cheaper so great for a full build but only open 9-5 mon/fri.

Slimy38

posted on 7/10/16 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
Adams gas is very similar, it's worth looking at both to get a supplier near you. Although I went with Adams gas, then the local supplier closed!! Fortunately there was another twenty minutes away.
r1_pete

posted on 7/10/16 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
I still use BOC for Argoshield Light, but using SGS Gas for Argon, got a 30L bottle, refill is about £90...
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rusty nuts

posted on 7/10/16 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
Adams gas is very similar, it's worth looking at both to get a supplier near you. Although I went with Adams gas, then the local supplier closed!! Fortunately there was another twenty minutes away.

I went for an Adamsgas bottle from a local agent who has since ceased trading, the nearest is 40 odd miles away. Might be worth checking bottle availability from your local motor Factory?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.