Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Garage recommendations needed - Canterbury - Dover area
mcerd1

posted on 2/7/23 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
Garage recommendations needed - Canterbury - Dover area

Got a random check engine light on the tin-top, but no other clues from the dash and no obvious faults -

so I really could do with a friendly garage to run a quick code scan to see what it's moaning about - I'd normally do it myself but I'm currently 450 miles away from my tools (and need to drive another 1000miles this week too)

Anyone got any recommendations?

contaminated

posted on 3/7/23 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
Wingham Car Care could do it. I have a code reader if you are still in the Canterbury area this evening.

[Edited on 1 by contaminated]

mcerd1

posted on 3/7/23 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the offer, but I think Im sorted just now

Managed to pick up a cheap wireless OBD dongle first thing today (Argos of all places)

Turns out to be a cat efficiency code P0420 - but most of the sensor data, fuel trim and lamda readings looked fairly normal to me (not that I'm anything like an expert though)

cleared it and given the car a good run + topped up with some expensive shell v power stuff - so far so good

Best guess is that the petrol I got the other day was to blame ? (Fingers crossed anyway I don't want to have to buy a new CAT)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.