Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: F1 showing its real colours
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 4/3/05 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
F1 showing its real colours

What a load of ****** that ferrari and the other spoilt brats are having. This more than ever has put me off watching that bunch of corporate driven turkeys playing the political games. Like a Minardi is going to beat a F++++ or the redbull with the square jaw has been.

Waiting for the SHeik to roll out one make car and let the drivers do the business.

Until then we have plenty things to keep us amused.

RANT OVER comments welcome

flak monkey

posted on 4/3/05 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
I too am looking forward to when the Sheik (cant remember his name) gets that race series set up with identical cars. (IIRC lotus were making the cars for him, or at least had a big input).

Then it will be down to driver skill, not how much money you spend on electronic driving aids...

Bring back the days of proper race cars...then there will be some proper competition again (and we will see who can really drive...). Yes it may slow the racing down, but at the end of the day it will make it much more exciting.

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

JoelP

posted on 4/3/05 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
but on the bright side, ferrari have looked rather poor in testing! comprehensively beaten by other teams, like mclaren all good.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

theconrodkid

posted on 4/3/05 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
i belive minardi were using last years car and as this years were suposed to be slower they didnt want a fluke win by the back row boys,they would have been on home turf remember.
another reason i gave up on f1 years ago

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

tks

posted on 4/3/05 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
the thoughts on F1 is ok

i like the idea of spending your last penny
for every BHP you can find..

also i like it when i see ferrarie lose from Renault...

knowing they spent every last penny..
since i come to this forum my degree to respect is very limited for Ferrari..

i one of our cars would competete to a Maranello or porsche..look what we do witht he money we put in it??

i think in F1 they should give points for money spended by the companies if you cab grab 10points but with a querter of the money of Ferrari i think you do well..

also i think you should better compare drivers within one team...

look @ barichello is he really doing as well as M.Schumi..???

thats pure drivers difference..

and McClaren don't win from renault forget it..

its all about tracion and that something we should know..

low centre of grav..and with car is the clue..

TKS

flak monkey

posted on 4/3/05 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
The problem with F1 is that they dont drive the cars anymore. The cars drive themselves pretty much (with a bit of help from the pit crew) all the driver does it point it in the right direction.

On one of the car programs (think it may have been top gear, a while ago now) they had a steering wheel from the new F1 cars. Control over everything; traction control, LSD's, brake balance, engine tune etc all during the race. Its gone beyond the point of stupid. It would be very interesting to see how well some of the 'drivers' could do without all the electrical wizardry.

Racing should be about man and machine, not machine and electronics.

I dont really have a problem with the adjustable engine tune, brake balance as thats all part of a good race car anyway but i do have trouble understanding why such apparently good drivers need to rely on things like ABS and TC to put their cars round the track.

Money buys technology, the more money you have the more technology you can put on your car. Ferrari always winning hands down...so they persistently win the races as well.

I liked the new proposed rules, which will severly limit the amount of technology on the cars, all have the same engine etc. Back to proper racing.

What other race series allows you to turn up with pretty much any car, in any state of tune? Other than F1?...thats not the way to run a race series! eg BTC are limited on car/engines as is the DTM. 750 series is limited car and engine, rallying is limited choice of engine, formula student is limited engines. The limits make the racing closer, less predictable and more exciting!

You may not agree with what i said...but there ya go

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

clbarclay

posted on 4/3/05 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
Watch a motor bike race, puts F1 to shame, you can actually see people driving the machines, not just an engineer in the driving seat fidling with buttons on a steering wheel.

Not to be confused with an engineer fidling with Jenson Button.

The best bit about bike racing is that any part of the track is prime for overtaking on, its not just a pile up on the first corner followed by a 1.5 hour procession.

Hellfire

posted on 4/3/05 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
IMHO]Michael Schumacher rocks. He is quite simply the best driver in Formula 1 at the moment and one of the few living legends of our time.

IMHOWhy should a one make series be much different? Stick the current bunch of Formula 1 drivers in one make cars and Schumacher (M) will win everytime.

IMHOStick Schumacher in any other formula 1 team, throw some cash at it and within three years they'll be the team heading the championship

[Edited on 4-3-05 by Hellfire]

monkey69

posted on 4/3/05 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
Car specs for the A1GP car

Have a look at:

http://www.a1gp.com

Flash website, so can't post the direct link. The A1 Car link tells you all about the car, and is pretty transparent compared to an F1 car specs. Lola have the car contract.

Looking forward to it, and I'll definately be going to Brands Hatch to see the opener

Spyderman

posted on 4/3/05 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
Michael Schumacher rocks. He is quite simply the best driver in Formula 1 at the moment and one of the few living legends of our time.

Why should a one make series be much different? Stick the current bunch of Formula 1 drivers in one make cars and Schumacher (M) will win everytime.

Stick Schumacher in any other formula 1 team, throw some cash at it and within three years they'll be the team heading the championship

Then maybe the best driver at the end of each season should go to the poorest team and so forth. Would certainly balance things out!

Schumi may be the best driver, but until things are even we'll never know!

You agree then that the other teams are not funded as well! In the meantime we have to watch the Ferrari merry-go-round.
Knowing what car and driver is going to win makes it B O R I N G ! ! ! !

Maybe if it was a lottery who drove what car each race? If all the drivers were independent and had to pick out of a hat which team they drove for each week it would add some interest to the series.

Whatever, but anything has to be better than the current system! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Terry

Spyderman

theconrodkid

posted on 4/3/05 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
minardi have been allowed to qualify on sat......so maybe

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Hellfire

posted on 4/3/05 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
Aaaagh.... this is where having one name for two team members sucks!!!

IMHO Although I belive it is true MS is very good (no more) it is also true that whoever has the most money usually wins. This is true in life not just F1.

IMHO Put MS in a Minardi - and whilst it might be said that their position will improve a few. It is not a one man team... he has the whole Ferrari Co. behind him and that can't be a bad thing. If Ron gets his finger out of his asre and spends more money then Mc will reign once more.

IMHO However, i should shut up... it's now become a F1 train with MS in front etc etc etc (yawn!!!) so I stopped watching it last year...

[Edited on 4-3-05 by Hellfire]

Avoneer

posted on 4/3/05 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
Did anyone read the same thing I read somewhere about Ferrari altering the molecular structure of fuel so it is lighter?
Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 4/3/05 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
LMAO...

its on tonight isnt it? 0100 GMT qualifying in OZ.

looking forward to it anyway...

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

stephen_gusterson

posted on 4/3/05 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
shu sucks cos he makes it boring.

its almost certain that ferrari will win again - stuff about other being close is said every year and they still win by 2 - 3 miles.

F1 is a defective product

atb

steve

Mansfield

posted on 4/3/05 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
You can get just over 2/1 at Betfair for a MS Aus GP win - best odds you will get all season before qualifying. He will romp away, no current driver has better resources or better ability to adapt to unfavourable conditions than he.

Please dont remind me of this thread when you have done your money!

Hellfire

posted on 4/3/05 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Thats the beauty of having one identity for two people. (Both can edit posts!!!!)

Schumacher doesn't make F1 boring at all. Are you suggesting he should lose a few times just to liven things up? Never. He is a born winner IMHO

gazza285

posted on 4/3/05 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Schumacher doesn't make F1 boring at all.

You are right, it would be boring whether he was racing in it or not.

[Edited on 4/3/05 by gazza285]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scotlad
Contributor

Posts 781
Registered 30/9/03
Location Edinburgh

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built MK Indy Blade, RH 2b Zetec, rebuilding locos

posted on 4/3/05 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry but IMHO Shuey is a robot. dull boring and uninteresting. my goldfish has more charisma! best driver?? hmm best car certainly........
macspeedy

posted on 4/3/05 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scotlad
Sorry but IMHO Shuey is a robot. dull boring and uninteresting. my goldfish has more charisma! best driver?? hmm best car certainly........

I love speed :-P

posted on 4/3/05 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
i dont think it is a case of michal doing anything wrong, but more the fault of the F***ing Incompetent A**holes (FIA) as my phycis teacher puts it

Don't Steal
The Government doesn’t like the competition

gazza285

posted on 4/3/05 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scotlad

Yeh, bring on all the interesting drivers like, um....Coulthard, That Other Bloke In A Red Car (his charisma is such that his name escapes me), That Jap Guy, The Bloke Who Pays To Drive, and the rest of F1 exiting crew. Role call, James Allen, Tony feckin' Jardine, Louise Goodman, Steve Ryder and (god knows why he does it, he's enough money) Martin Brundle. Laugh a minute it isn't.

stephen_gusterson

posted on 4/3/05 at 11:42 PM Reply With Quote
when i was a kid i used to love scooby doo episodes.

when i was older, i realised that every damn episode was the same.

just like f1

atb

steve

'if it wasnt for you pesky schumachers.....'

quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
Thats the beauty of having one identity for two people. (Both can edit posts!!!!)

Schumacher doesn't make F1 boring at all. Are you suggesting he should lose a few times just to liven things up? Never. He is a born winner IMHO

clbarclay

posted on 5/3/05 at 12:23 AM Reply With Quote
F1 is the cutting edge of motorsport or at least it would be if it was not so restricted. The problem is that the technology is getting too good, the cars drive them self with the driver guiding it round the track, spending most of the time in near black out.

Theres such a welth of motor sport out there, and all we get on normal TV is F1 and a bit of rallying. Its either late at night or a vary rare ocasion that we get any other motorsport on TV.

Simon

posted on 5/3/05 at 01:59 AM Reply With Quote
Anyone else hear that, to keep Ferrari in F1, Bernies bunch are paying them

£70,000,000

over 5 years.

Thats fair. It also puts about 50 quid on the price of a ticket.

German Cobbler best driver ever. Absolutely not. Just very dull and incredibly arrogant. Oh year, and a bit lucky.

F1 sucks. BTCC/bike racing far superior.

If they want to make it interesting, bring back turbos, gearboxes (ones with a stick shift), proper slicks. Cars don't need to be safer - the tracks have fixed that bit.

ATB

Simon

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.