Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: bore size?
paul_mcq

posted on 11/4/05 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
bore size?

well ppl hows it going. i was bore lastnite and strip the head of my mini engine and thank god i did due to the condition of the pistons surfaces. just want to now wat dia would a 1275 piston be, i ruffly measured 71mm can any one help me out? and would a inlet valve of 34ish be good? should have photos if i can get camera to work
200mph

posted on 11/4/05 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
depends where you measure the piston, and also.. measuring roughly isnt really accurate enough.

same goes for valves. Bigger isnt always better.

what is actually wrong with the piston crowns? if its just a carbon build up thats normal.

paul_mcq

posted on 11/4/05 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
yeah but there is a good 4mm in some places of the pistion and was just out at the head there and one of the chambers was filled with carbon and on each of the valves in it a good 4 mm build upo as well.
RogerM

posted on 11/4/05 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
Standard piston sizes can be found in the Haynes manual.

34mm inlet valves are too small to be any good on a performance A series. 35.6mm inlet and 29mm exhaust a good place to start.

I sent U2U a while back detailing what I would, and have many times, used as a good alround road spec.

paul_mcq

posted on 11/4/05 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
ok roger. but is it normal for that amount of carbon build up i had to take it of with a chisel and the exhaust valves are covered in a whitish cake
Peteff

posted on 11/4/05 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like it's been burning oil for a long time. Check out minisport at padiham for some head specs.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.