Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What wheels on Vortx
mstepien

posted on 18/7/05 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
What wheels on Vortx

Marc,
Can you tell me what wheels are fitted on the blue Vortx whose picts are in your gallery ?
And more general, will it be possible to fit wheels with 15mm offset without widening the bodywork (7x15 with 195/50/15 tyres) - standard rimms are et35, I assume that the same wheel with et15 will be like the standard one with 20mm spacers.
Regards,

Michal

Mark18

posted on 18/7/05 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
The wheels are o.z. supertourismos, I had a set robbed on me

Mark

"I don't know what I may seem to the world. But as to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than the ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Isaac Newton

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
smart51

posted on 18/7/05 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
My Allessio Monza wheels look very similar. I think they have 1 spoke less.
(which has 1 spoke less than which left deliberatley vague)

mstepien

posted on 18/7/05 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
They also look like DJ Wheels and/or Team Dynamics (and couple of other sets I've made photos of).
marc n

posted on 20/7/05 at 07:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Can you tell me what wheels are fitted on the blue Vortx whose picts are in your gallery ?

yep o.z. supertourismos found on ebay for £180 delivered with all good tyres and no curbing

on the racecar we run et18 and on the roadcars et35

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 20/7/05 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
The wheels are o.z. supertourismos, I had a set robbed on me

You know where they are now . Thank you ebay, fence your gear for a modest fee.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Mark18

posted on 22/7/05 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
Well the jokes on him because one of them was slightly warped.

Mark

"I don't know what I may seem to the world. But as to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than the ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Isaac Newton

G.Man

posted on 16/8/05 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
What size wheels would people recommend for track day and occasional road use...

Seems most use 15 inch, do they offer a better solution than 16's or 17's?

The engine is gonna be a 350bhp cossie, so bear that in mind....

The ariel atom will be about the same power/weight (slightly less power same weight) and it uses 15's standard so was wondering what everyone thinks?

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

smart51

posted on 16/8/05 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
Bigger wheels = more weight so go for smaller ones.
Wheel and tyre combination together with diff ratio affect gearing. You can have a common sierra diff with bigger wheels or a rarer diff with smaller wheels.
You can have big wheels with low profile tyres or smaller wheels with taller tyres.

Then, of course, you could bling up your car with stupidly large wheels and almost no tyre but it wouldn't drive as well.

I've got 195/50R15s on mine. The tyres are a common size = cheap.

G.Man

posted on 16/8/05 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
Ideally I guess I want to maintain the same external diameter as an original so the speedo is accurate for the SVA...

Think the stock sierra wheels are 205/50 15's

When it comes to tyre sizes etc I am in the dark, so really need advice...

was thinking along the lines of 205/50 15's on rear and 195/50 15's up front but can change to 205/50/15's up front or vice versa if people think thats a bad idea...

Tyres I have decided upon will be toyo R888's for the track use, or maybe Yoke r's if the budget allows...

[Edited on 16/8/05 by G.Man]

smart51

posted on 16/8/05 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
205/50R15 should be fine and if you are using the instruments and diff then it would be an obvious choice. There is no reason why the front tyres must be the same as the rear but the difference between 195 and 205 width is hardly worth the bother. 185/55 tyres would be a better match to 205/50 in terms of rolling circumference than 195/50 but you don't even have to keep that the same.

I'd go for 205/50s and see how you go.

G.Man

posted on 16/8/05 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info...

The main reason for the smaller fronts is because they are £21 per tyre cheaper than the 205's at the rear...

Just a cost saving measure, and the rears are gonna wear faster anyway

Edit: will stick with 205's all round I think

[Edited on 16/8/05 by G.Man]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.