Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dash layout
smart51

posted on 22/7/05 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
Dash layout

I'm trying to work out an SVA proof dash layout and would welcome any ideas or suggestions.
I have a 1998 R1 instrument pack which is not SVA proof and so has to go inside the 127mm-outside-the-steering-wheel circle above the transmission tunnel. I also have a 52mm clock, a 52mm fuel gauge, a 10ish mm handbrake light plus 2 rocker switches for rear fog light and fan override.

The R1 instruments won't fit behind the wheel, and the wiring to the switches won't stretch to the far side of the steering wheel.

I'd thought about putting the fuel gauge and clock behind the wheel and the handbrake light between them. Where would be a good place for the switches and are rocker switches SVA proof?

Petemate

posted on 22/7/05 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Hi
My lad's Dax failed first time round on the edges of the 'Busa inst panel. A bit sad really - they were only just not quite 2.5mm radii. Dax lent him a temporary panel of perspex with two u-shaped clips at the top. The dash was loosened, and the clips/panel slipped over into place. When the dash was re-tightened, it held the panel nice and firm over the inst panel. The edge had a rubber circular section "SVA-friendly" trim around it. It was very obviously a temporary fix, and the tester passed it without batting an eyelid. It must have been obvious it would "fall off" at some point in time....
HTH
Petemate

andy d (rizla)

posted on 22/7/05 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
mine is central,the fuel gauge and rocker switches for fog etc are on the tunnel near the dash,not sure where to put yours as you have a rounded tunnel as mine is flat Rescued attachment dash.jpg
Rescued attachment dash.jpg

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Petemate

posted on 22/7/05 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Smart51
Silly me, just realised the method I outlined would not be possible with the Vortex. But I am sure a similar panel could be made up to perhaps fit under the inst panel in much the same way? As long as it prevents the testers sphere contacting the panel edges - job done. If he can't pull it off without the use of tools, in my book that counts as a permanent fitment.
HTH
Pete

marc n

posted on 23/7/05 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
or you could mount the clocks where you like, then just before the test borrow one of our scuttle panels that are sva compliant that have a position for the clocks and gauges that is sva acceptable, already has all locations for fuse boxes just a straight swap.

best regards

marc

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.