<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: First Pictures of tytan chassis under construction
marc n

posted on 23/7/05 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
First Pictures of tytan chassis under construction

so far Rescued attachment tytan-chassis-1.jpg
Rescued attachment tytan-chassis-1.jpg

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marc n

posted on 23/7/05 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
and this Rescued attachment tytan-chassis-2.jpg
Rescued attachment tytan-chassis-2.jpg

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Avoneer

posted on 23/7/05 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
You have been busy with a hacksaw and a tube bender!

Looks good though!

Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Winston Todge

posted on 23/7/05 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
Phenomenal mate...

Looks like that tube bender's being put to good use!

Can't wait to get my VortX, build it, thrash it, sell it then buy one of them!

Would bike power be wasted in a chassis like that or is the car engined route more suitable?

Chris.

marc n

posted on 23/7/05 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

You have been busy with a hacksaw and a tube bender!

cheers pat
yep plenty of work involved and what you see there is only 60% complete

marc n

posted on 23/7/05 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Would bike power be wasted in a chassis like that or is the car engined route more suitable?

hi chris

its too big for bike power its just over 4 metres long, besides the audi v8 thats going in that particular car will sound much better and the porsche v8 well

stevebubs

posted on 24/7/05 at 12:17 AM Reply With Quote
Looks very nice, but very heavy...
marc n

posted on 24/7/05 at 12:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Looks very nice, but very heavy...

at the moment i would guess 100 kilos as i can still lift it on my own target weight for complete car is 850 kilos with 480 hp audi engine and 560 hp porsche engine

stevebubs

posted on 24/7/05 at 12:41 AM Reply With Quote
should be nice...look forward to seeing the finished article.
Guinness

posted on 24/7/05 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
Marc

"target weight for complete car is 850 kilos with 480 hp audi engine and 560 hp porsche engine"

One in the front and one in the back? That'll beat a twin engined Tiger any day!! Might be a bit thirsty around town though.

scoobyis2cool

posted on 24/7/05 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
Looks great. Don't put too much triangulation in there though or there won't be anywhere for the driver to sit

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

marc n

posted on 25/7/05 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
due to the interest thought i would post a couple more pics

chassis so far still requires front lower engine mounts, steering rack position , wishbone pickup points, floor triangulation and further bulkhead and sidepod triangulation, and engine bay lower triangulation

the chassis at the point shown below comes in at 66 kilos

[Edited on 25/7/05 by marc n] Rescued attachment tytan-update.jpg
Rescued attachment tytan-update.jpg

marc n

posted on 25/7/05 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
and here is the small motor to power it

[Edited on 25/7/05 by marc n]

marc n

posted on 25/7/05 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
oops forgot to add picture Rescued attachment tytan-engine.jpg
Rescued attachment tytan-engine.jpg

JoelP

posted on 25/7/05 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
i was admiring the engine out of a cl65amg yesterday, now thats a big lump! v12 twin turbo...

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Volvorsport

posted on 25/7/05 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
thats the 4 cyl audi engine ?

i keep forgetting to ring marc - hows me brackets ?- im gonna need some more now .

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

Winston Todge

posted on 25/7/05 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
That must be a V8!? What car do Audi produce with that lump in?

And how much do they cost!? Don't think it'll wedge into the VortX...

Chris

Dillinger1977

posted on 26/7/05 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
i dont think youd be able to see the road with that lump in front of you!

-Rog

DarrenW

posted on 26/7/05 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
Bloody hell Marc, i thought you were building a car not Thrust 3

Is this the chassis for the car that you are planning on showing at Harrogate???? If so you are certainly setting yourself a challenge. I cant wait to see it for real, its starting to look great. Well done keep it up (dont forget - when its dark you are supposed to get some shut eye!!)

marc n

posted on 26/7/05 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

(dont forget - when its dark you are supposed to get some shut eye!!)

so thats what your supposed to do at night then

NS Dev

posted on 26/7/05 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
That chassis looks like a nice piece of work!!

Is this what your dad mentioned to me on the phone when I spoke to him some time ago, I mentioned that my mate runs Ultima (Richard Marlow) and he mentioned something about keeping my eye out for something new from you!

on the engine front, don't forget the route that Ultima use.

An old chevy, in ally block form, makes phenominal power per pound spent!

The 640hp engine in their current demo car was £11,000 brand new from the USA in a crate, and they have a 720 hp one waiting to go in at the mo.

Having been to Le Mans in the car this year I can testify that it is insanely fast..........0-60 is a total irrelevance and 0-100 is over too quickly to even really register (only 1 gearchange, 70mph in first) and while it is an ol' chevy, it's still totally reliable, tractable (even on the carb that it runs!) and goes to 8000 rpm!!!

The std Porsche G50 is up to the job fine as well (with a taller diff in this one for the 230mph top end)

Worth considering!

[Edited on 26/7/05 by NS Dev]

marc n

posted on 27/7/05 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
we are also working on somthing really radical and new, but the bodywork wont be finished till the end of the year, as its so complex. some sketches should appear on our website in the next couple of months

the engine fitted in the tytan at the moment is the audi a8 v8 £1300 with all bits inc gearbox from a breakers and 430 hp as standard, so is quite a lot of bang for your buck, and as the car is going to be so light i would think its is probably fast enough for most although the ultima engine sounds good to me

NS Dev

posted on 27/7/05 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
£1300 for 430hp certainly sounds like a bargain to me (for "proper" v8 hp!!!)

That's got me thinking about the powerplant for my new grasser!!!???!!!

I'll bet you've weighed it, how much does it weigh with gearbox? Engine management wise are you using the std setup or aftermarket jobbie? I guess a DTA box or the like would be a lot easier.

Hmmmmmmm, a very excited Nat has ensued from this thread!!

marc n

posted on 27/7/05 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
havent weighed it yet will this afternoon though

i would think the rolling chassis is heading towards 130 kg so looking good so far

at the mo its running standard ecu etc as it came out of the car, but huge gains can be had by different ecu etc up to 650 hp for about a grand more

marc n

posted on 27/7/05 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
infact i have two grass tracking guys working for me now one who races class 2 and the other class 10 plus other mates are in class 8 and 6 and one guy used to be in class 9

all with some damn fine bits of kit

some of the cars out there are bloody well engineered cars and dont always get the credit they deserve

[Edited on 27/7/05 by marc n]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.