Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MNR Brands Hatch
Bryan Sears

posted on 17/9/05 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
MNR Brands Hatch

Went to Brands Hatch today and had a fantastic ride in a Vortx R1
A chat with Mark and ended up ordering a car.
Thanks for your enthusiastic advice.
Look forward to the build.

Winston Todge

posted on 17/9/05 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Great to hear it Bryan!

Did they get the misfire sorted in the end then?

Chris.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Bryan Sears

posted on 17/9/05 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
I went out early in the day and she went like a rocket! Brands Hatch had no bends today just kerbs that the car just flew over with ease. Cant wait to fit my R1 and have a go in the drivers seat.
Winston Todge

posted on 17/9/05 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Were you the bloke I was having a chat with about your R1 purchase from ebay? You were there with your son?

Excellent choice on the MNR though. Marc and Chris will certainly do everything to help you out.

The R1 developed a bit of a misfire later on just after my dad had his ride actually! I was next in the car and didn't really get to feel the full ability of the car... Oh well, it's Marc and Chris and the lads that I feel sorry for, after spending so long cramming to get the car ready and then to develop a tiny fault.

Chris.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Bryan Sears

posted on 17/9/05 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry about your ride in the car and the misfire I left before the problem started. I spent all day in a garage up at Rockingham circuit with a car that would not start we changed the loom in the end.
Yes it was me. From what Mark was saying the car is selling really well.

G.Man

posted on 17/9/05 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Fixed the misfire, but the mixture went lean so we had to change some settings in the carbs (needle height)..

Was pretty well sorted and for my help I had the pleasure of approximately 10 laps with Marc going full chat... I never saw my life flash before my eyes, honest...

First time I have been in a race car with someone else driving, its quite unnerving, especially paddock hill and surtees....

The main thing that scared me is just how fast mines gonna be with 350 bhp instead of 175....

Bryan, which model did you order?

I was the "other" big guy (6'5" helping out Marc and Ian with the cars....

Apparently I will be getting chassis number 69

[Edited on 17/9/05 by G.Man]

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

Dillinger1977

posted on 18/9/05 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
im gutted i couldnt go.. still havent had a go in a BEC yet and getting a lap of brands with a race driver is probably the best way to get introduced to one!!

-Rog

marc n

posted on 18/9/05 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
thanks to all who helped with the misfire especially mark aka g man,
slightly frustrating as the car had been rolling roaded two days before and had been spot on,
nether the less even with the misfire we where able anialate pretty much everything in the bends, then with the engine back on song we where really on the money, damn that last session was fun !!!!
all in all a great day, hope you all had as much fun as we did Rescued attachment orange car 1.jpg
Rescued attachment orange car 1.jpg

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
marc n

posted on 18/9/05 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
wish i had some better pics as these dont do the colour justice !!!! Rescued attachment orange-car-2.jpg
Rescued attachment orange-car-2.jpg

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
marc n

posted on 18/9/05 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
also welcome to one of our purchasers from brands Bryan and his family

Jon Ison

posted on 18/9/05 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
looks well, very well, what was the missfire, just looking for hints should i ever have same prob........

Winston Todge

posted on 18/9/05 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
Marc, thanks for the hospitality you, Chris and the gang extended to us. A great day had by all and just gutted for you lot that the engine developed that misfire...

I'll have to make some excuse to see you up in Harrogate again and blag a go in a similar car to see what it can really do. What was the problem in the end?

Chris.

marc n

posted on 18/9/05 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
cheers jon

misfire was the plug lead joiners arking out to chassis, spotted by our bike expert the g man he knows a bit about bikes , aslo the fueling ended up way out somehow ????, had to adjust the mixture screws 1 1/2 turns to get it running somewhere near again !!!!!!!

marc n

posted on 18/9/05 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
glad you had a good day chris,
dont forget donnington has track time too may poss have my zx12 racecar finished by then, to go with the orange class b car,
class c car now officially dead ( smashed the gearbox to bits ) and will be stripped and all parts put in a new chassis and body for next year,

Winston Todge

posted on 18/9/05 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Marc,

Whens Donnington then?

Here's a few piccies from our day out, maybe showing a slightly closer representation of that Flourescent Orange! Awesome colour... Rog should have no problems standing out with that scheme!

-
Description
Description

-
Description
Description

-
Description
Description

-
Description
Description

-
Description
Description

-
Description
Description

-

Chris.

Winston Todge

posted on 18/9/05 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
Just to say that I had a fantastic day yesterday at Brands Hatch with my son Chris and the MNR team. As a passenger with Mark for 3 flat-out laps of Brands Hatch in the Vortex R1 (yes - I remember the overtaking on the grass Mark!!) will be one of life's memorable events for me - absolutely unforgettable! The car is simply awesome and so glad you sorted the misfire. I felt responsible as the last to ride before the trouble! I'm now extremely envious of Chris and his build - no doubt I shall be able to wangle a drive or two I hope! Thanks to both Mark & Chris at MNR and good luck to all you lucky builders!
Tom

G.Man

posted on 18/9/05 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc n
cheers jon

misfire was the plug lead joiners arking out to chassis, spotted by our bike expert the g man he knows a bit about bikes , aslo the fueling ended up way out somehow ????, had to adjust the mixture screws 1 1/2 turns to get it running somewhere near again !!!!!!!

And raised the needles...

The main problem was the needles... its not where the pedal is that matters its how open the CV carbs are.. as you were accelerating the lean spot was right in the midrange, aka the "emissions test" zone...

Were you running with a high backpressure road can and exup valve, you would barely notice it, but on a race 4-2-1 and an open pipe its gonna hurt big style...

On a rolling road, it probably wouldnt have showed up, but as the car did more miles and the day got warmer, that lean spot always makes itself known...

Even raising the needles was not enough, you really need the needles and atomisers from a dynojet kit, or speak to Chris Alanson from Z-cars, as he does a jet and needle kit for the R1 when used in a car which gives about 10% more power and a much better midrange...

You are probably rich at the top end now, but the extra open main is compensating for the lean midrange somewhat...

The last session was just awesome, the g-force at the bottom of paddock hill felt amazing, I must have been an inch shorter after those 10 odd laps...

ZX12 should be awesome, make sure you get one of these t hese and have it properly mapped to your exhaust etc...

andy d (rizla)

posted on 18/9/05 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
yep a great day at brands,and it will be there next year

top stuff to marc and chris,with a missfire even,nothing on the track could compete in the corners

well done guys Rescued attachment mnr pit.jpg
Rescued attachment mnr pit.jpg

mnr laptop

posted on 18/9/05 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
great pics
did take two cameras but we forgot to take pics

G.Man

posted on 18/9/05 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
Me too, wife had it with her in car... she was sleeping off an illness...

Winston Todge

posted on 18/9/05 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
You were right behind us Andy when you took that picture! That's me in the brown and yellow and Dad in the purple top...

Would have said hi if I knew!

I'm sure they'll be other chances though...

Chris.

marc n

posted on 19/9/05 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
i reackon your going to have to fight your dad for the keys when you have finished chris

glad you both enjoyed the day

Hellfire

posted on 19/9/05 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
I just loooooove that Orange colour!!

G.Man

posted on 20/9/05 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
LOL this thread is cracking me up now...

http://community.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=8996

Winston Todge

posted on 20/9/05 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
That is one funny thread Mark!

Good points well made... No one doubts Marc's abilities. Least of all my Dad who is still raving about the drive!

I really think that the proof will be in the pudding when Marc and MNR enter the RGB series next year. Can't wait to see how they fair against the competition... Any jobs available as Spanner Monkey's Marc?

Chris.

[Edited on 20-9-05 by Winston Todge]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.