Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MNR Wiring Loom - Rear Light Connections
Howlor

posted on 23/9/05 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
MNR Wiring Loom - Rear Light Connections

Hi,

Anyone out there using the MNR wiring loom as mine seems to be a little short on the rear light connections. The nearside is probably about 2ft short. Won't prove a problem as I will just put connectors in and extend them, but just wondered if anyone else had this problem!

Thanks

smart51

posted on 24/9/05 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
Yes. The whole rear or the loom was too short and the front way to long. MNR put the big grommet BEHIND the aluminuim scuttle panel to add a bit of length but I'd already fitted mine.

What I did was route the cable over the top of the tunnel tubes, in the niche between the longerons and the hoops. by being economical, the wires to the rear lights just poked out through the bodywork. I had to extend the handbrake switch wire and at least one other from memory. I also had to rivet up all the holes that I'd drilled in the floor to fix the loom.

I the front, I just looped excess wire back and forwards in the sleeveing until it was short enough. If I was doing it again, I'd route the loom the long wat around the driver's side of the engine bay right by the outer panel. It would probably be too long even then.

By the way, As I'm building a BEC, the speed o cables are free to be cut out and used as extensions. They've even got connections on them, which I used to connect to the brake fluid level switch and some of my istruments.

[Edited on 24-9-2005 by smart51]

G.Man

posted on 22/10/05 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
Been hard wiring my switchgear today and a couple of connections don't make sense...

I have the new style sierra switchgear, and the wiring manual says:

Lights Wipers and Screen wash

Plug 2

Black earth for horn Terminal 54 ford colour Black/Purple

I have the black/purple on the horn terminal 54, but no black wire on a plug 2 to connect to it... in fact no plug 2

Headlamp dip/flash indicators and horn

Blue white Main Beam Out Terminal 56a Brown/Yellow ford

Blue Red Dip Beam Out Terminal 56b Brown/White ford

I have no blue/white or blue/red wires on the loom, and instead have a black/pink and black/grey.

Thos go respectively to the correct relays for the main and dip beam, so I have connected them to the respective ford connections for main and dip, is this an error in the manual?

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

Dillinger1977

posted on 9/1/06 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by G.Man

I have the new style sierra switchgear, and the wiring manual says:

Lights Wipers and Screen wash

Plug 2

Black earth for horn Terminal 54 ford colour Black/Purple

I have the black/purple on the horn terminal 54, but no black wire on a plug 2 to connect to it... in fact no plug 2

i have the same problem, got a black/purple wire off 54 that says it should go to plug 2. how did you fix it in the end?

-Rog

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.