Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What colour(s) VortX have peeps chosen?
Winston Todge

posted on 28/9/05 at 11:44 PM Reply With Quote
What colour(s) VortX have peeps chosen?

Just curious as to what colour people have ordered their VortXs in?(or the lucky Tytan customers?)

I originally went for all black but then thought I should really go for something a little bit different / adventurous... So I ended up with black side and rear section and Traffic Red for the nose cone, bonnet, scuttle and front and rear arches...

Chris thought it may look a little dog's dinnerish! But I've got my finger's crossed as I did A LOT of fiddling in Photoshop... I know a few MK Indys that are done with this finish and reckon they look great!

Chris.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 29/9/05 at 12:14 AM Reply With Quote
But Indy's look better anyway

IMO!

Winston Todge

posted on 29/9/05 at 01:26 AM Reply With Quote
Hahahah, I knew you'd have your 2 pence worth...

To be honest, I do like the look of a well finished Indy. But the few VortXs I've seen in the flesh (or should that be in the fibreglass?), I've been astounded by the quality of the finish.

We shall just have to wait 'til I finish mine so I can park it up next to Hellfire to make a direct comparison...

Chris.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
donut

posted on 29/9/05 at 06:32 AM Reply With Quote
I have come to the conclusion that these cars look best with one colour body and black arches, regardless of colour.

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

mstepien

posted on 29/9/05 at 06:36 AM Reply With Quote
Mine will be (collection this saturday) dark blue with (I hope ) a cobra like stripes. It should look ok with cobra style hoops.
G.Man

posted on 29/9/05 at 06:49 AM Reply With Quote
Decided on all white for mine...

Carbon fibre interior and screen

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

smart51

posted on 29/9/05 at 07:25 AM Reply With Quote
Mine is mid blue, not unlike marc's avatar. It came with blue cycle wings. I was expecting black carbon effect ABS front wings as MNR kept telling me how much better they were. All one colour looks good.

I considered all black and black side / rear with coloured bonnet, scuttle, nosecone and arches but couldn't decide what colour would go.

Dillinger1977

posted on 29/9/05 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire

IMO!

no way. IMO

just done a 'shop job on the paint scheme you mentioned chris, and it's certainly different!
thats the joy of it, go with what you want. peoples eyebrows raise in disgust when i say im building a bright orange car but when they see it they usually change their mind

its odd that theres less of the usual yellow and black bias with MNR cars... has anyone here ordered yellow? (i know grahamc's - now Howlors, is black)

[Edited on 29/9/05 by Dillinger1977]

-Rog

smart51

posted on 29/9/05 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire

IMO!

Really? I was planning to build one until I saw an indy and a VortX at the Stafford show. With the "rolled" upper edge on the side panels, the integrated side and rear, the curvy tunel cover and the double bubble scuttle and bonnet, the Vortx wins by mile. It was the non returned edges on the bonnet of the indy at the show that really put me off though.

andy d (rizla)

posted on 29/9/05 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
mine was ging to be black,then blue,then kawasaki green,but in the end yellow/black/carbon won in the end Rescued attachment side3456.jpg
Rescued attachment side3456.jpg

Dillinger1977

posted on 29/9/05 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
gah! how could i have possibly forgotten the yellow rizla-mobile!

-Rog

Winston Todge

posted on 29/9/05 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Does look awesome Andy!

I originally had it in black for around 3 months... Then I sat down for a few hours and fiddled with Photoshop and I reckon / hope the red and black should atleast give the car a distinctive look...

The other thing that worried me a little was that these type of cars aren't exactly large and are very low... Being the same colour as the stuff it rolls over, I was worried a Spanish truck driver might flatten me whilst I blatted past him... Like last year when my brother was spun three times at 75mph in the middle of a motorway and that was in a huge bright blue Peugeot!

I hope my splash of red will give it a little more visibility?

Chris.

GregMcN

posted on 29/9/05 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
MNR Colour

Mine's all orange (including the mudguards). Did consider black front mudguards but in the end decided against it - but did like the look of the car Marc took to Brands as I saw it in the workshop before it was completed - this was orange with black carbon fibre like panels on both front and rear guards under the gel coat.
Winston Todge

posted on 29/9/05 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah those arches looked great didn't they Greg!

I think they cost a little bit more though...

Chris.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.